looking for extended forks

Xs_ragu

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey everybody, hello from maine
i am looking for a set of extended forks for my xs. i tryied mikesxs and he is out of stock on the 6" over stock. just wondering if any one has a set they dont have a need for.
6"12" over stock ect..not real picky on the size just want to get that front wheel out there thanks guys. :thumbsup:

hey everybody, hello from maine
i am looking for a set of extended forks for my xs. i tryied mikesxs and he is out of stock on the 6" over stock. just wondering if any one has a set they dont have a need for.
6"12" over stock ect..not real picky on the size just want to get that front wheel out there thanks guys. :thumbsup:
....................... hi a few years ago i lived in orbost ,,,where a tight fisted old guy that would not buy good xs650 parts,,, was at a swap meet in melbourne and he picked up a set of old harley front forks that went straight in the xs650 he had ,,,and they were longer,,,, i think about 4" longer than xs650 tubes,,, his origional tubes were rusted underneath near the tank,,, he ended up making it a chopper,,, ,hope this helps you regards oldbiker

What year is your XS or the forks anyways? There are several different tubes used. The big division is 72-76 are 34mm 77-83 are 35mm
A pair of new franks tubes is in the $280 range.

So went to the jockey journal. Save yourself the trip. I wished to post some questions in that forking by frank thread, so signed up did an intro, (they have a no JAP! bike policy.

But since my area of interest was relevant to using franks products not any specific brand, I forged ahead anyways. My properly posted intro thread got deleted. I got a nasty PM about it and when I responded to the PM with thoughtful and insightful reasoning as to my purposes. (I had to erase what I REALLY thought 4 times....) I was banned from their board forever. Some welcome! Just thought you should know that us ferners ain't welcome there nohow. Well the euro based ferners are OK (for now?).....

So, does that mean we're stuck with all the Sawzall "artists"?

Throwing this in a couple of threads:

Just got a set of 71 tubes from Frank (his widow I believe) She is old school you CALL her (voice, no text messages, no email) Tell her what you want, she fumbles around, you tell her again a few times, she quotes you $279.00 plus shipping, says it will take about a week. Spend some more time back and forth with name address stuff. No credit cards no paypal. It's COD, cashiers check, or money order. She called back a week later, said have a money order for $307.90 ready, UPS will be there with the tubes tomorrow. As promised, UPS delivered this morning. They look great, machining all looks high quality, now I need to pull down a set of forks and compare these to the stockers.

Back