Looking for FULL LIST of all electrical components necessary and links???

JustinB

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could put together a list of every electrical component that iwll be nessary for a full top-to-bottom restoration with the best equipment in that category with links?

I just bought the EVO2 8cell battery, and am looking for ignition/starter/flashers/yada yada yada.... ALL SUGGESTIONS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks
:thumbsup:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could put together a list of every electrical component that iwll be nessary for a full top-to-bottom restoration with the best equipment in that category with links?

I just bought the EVO2 8cell battery, and am looking for ignition/starter/flashers/yada yada yada.... ALL SUGGESTIONS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks

How about an unabashed plug for the SSPB?

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33037

Thanks

There is no "best" equipment for everyone. Some lads like to use the stock field excited alternator, some like to use a PMA. Some like to use batteries and some like to use a capacitor. Some like to use a Pamco ignition, some like the TCI, but some like points ignition. Some like to use a starter motor, while others cruelly rip out the starter and use the kick starter.

Making a list is subjective and could be a lot of work. I'd say you're the best person to make the list, and the only one that can produce the right list for you. The "Tech" section is a good place to start. I see lots of reading in your future. Let us know when you have the list completed. Don't forget to include all the links as well.:bike:

Back