Looking for genuine Yamaha key

chrispyduck

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Only just joined this forum so I am new.
I am the proud owner of a beautiful 650B and to complete the restoration I would like a genuine Yamaha key. I have the pattern one which works well however if I would like to find Yamaha key number 1717. Does anyone know where I can find one or even Yamaha blank.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tempImagecWDRfU.png
    tempImagecWDRfU.png
    3 MB · Views: 66
According to this chart from a Yamaha tech bulletin, the key blank number you need is a 111 .....

M80-031KeyInfo2.jpg

..... and it would look like this .....

111.JPG

Good luck in your search. Watch eBay and I'm sure one will pop up eventually.

Nice 'B'! I'm also in the process of restoring my 650b, also not far from you in Herefordshire. Yours looks to be on another level to mine in all honesty, as much as I'd like a showroom finish at present I don't have the space or money for a complete strip down restoration. Are you struggling to find some of the obscure parts?

According to this chart from a Yamaha tech bulletin, the key blank number you need is a 111 .....

View attachment 233306

..... and it would look like this .....

View attachment 233307

Good luck in your search. Watch eBay and I'm sure one will pop up eventually.

Thanks a million 5twins.........
Did manage to find one on eBay in the UK exactly like the one in the pic. Got it cut locally................it just finishes off a nice restoration to have a genuine key 😀

We could arrange a meet up sometime.
I am the co ordinator for the Shropshire VJMC and have regular contact with Worcs VMCC who are planning to venture across the border for ride outs.
The Kendrick line of my family tree came from Shropshire....about 300 years ago. Nice B by the way. My first one was a B.

Back