Looking for input on putting passenger seat on rear fender.

topshelf333

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys,

So after getting a little ways into my build, and my girlfriend finding out she would not be able to ride along on a springer seat hard tail bike. I felt bad, and decided to look into putting a matching leather seat pad on the rear fender (seems i remember seeing it done somewhere), but with no luck using the search feature, i thought i would ask for your input.

I am using a flat top trailer style fender on the rear, which should be plenty strong, and am trying to decide how heavy duty of struts to build to keep the fender from moving with a passenger. It will just be short rides at relatively low speeds to the local bar, or car shows. (obviously no long rides :wink2: )

Seat pad will just be matching hand tooled leather, rectangle shaped, with rounded corners, just enough padding to keep her from breaking her tailbone.

Any positive input is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Ask the passenger what she thinks about that idea :eek: and then ask yourself. Would I ride on this tiny piece of crap glued to the fender of a hard tail bike? :wtf: Huh? :laugh:

Go over to chop cult and do some reading, I get Petes point but it can be done safely. A rad king/queen seat might be another option to consider.

He he he... It came with a botched CB750 chop I inherited. It needs some repair, or to be dismantled and recovered. I call it the coochie clamp....:D

PM if interested....

Attachments

• DSCF1668.jpg
    DSCF1668.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCF1671.jpg
    DSCF1671.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCF1677.jpg
    DSCF1677.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF1678.jpg
    DSCF1678.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCF1679.jpg
    DSCF1679.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Hi topshelf,
there's a replica Lycett sprung pillion seat in Walridge Motors :-
http://www.walridge.com/catalogue/
scroll down to page 87.
Look for Sprung passenger solo seat #FF386
$87.94 in Canadian 75 cent dollars which should help with the shipping costs.
The seat's leatherette cover clips on and could be replaced with a tooled leather one.

Back