Looking for some nitrous info

The stock clutch springs and plates won't hold a lot of power.

I think the clutch plates & stuff are the same as the XS1100, which is double the power of a stock 650. Maybe just use some stiffer springs? All the aftermarket springs that I am aware of are stiffer than stock. On my GS Suzuki, we get aftermarket spring sets, but only upgrade every other spring, 3 out of 6. No slippage at all. A full set should hold.

Not going to be "launching" the bike from red lights or anything like that. Just looking for a list of parts and any associated information I will need when the time comes to install this.
So I am all ears and eyes listening to those who have experience in this area.

Can you paint a picture of a oh shit moment where you will need to get all fast and furious? My oh shit moments normally call for more brakes, not more speed.
=========================================
Out in the country we encounter many different situations where a fast "getaway" would be in order. Even some of the merge areas of highways it could be needed.
Some of our mountainous areas ,,or even just to pull out further from someone who can read your tags. I can see a multitude of times where this little bit of "extra" power would be needed.
Like I said before,,, I am NOT looking to be doing quarter mile rips with it, I just want to have it available if and when it is needed.

Sounds like a big ole liter 4 cylinder from the Era would be the easier way to do it. Plenty of good xs1100, kz1000, gs1000 around.

Even well setup nitrous systems go pop sometimes....doesn't seem worth the hassle and possible expense.

I have set my nutzs on fire a couple times when it back fired and the boots popped off LOL..... It does get your attention but I had leathers on .

Sounds like your living in the wild wild west. HAHA get away from people that want to see you plate seriously? Picked the wrong bike for train robberies and bridge jumps.

=========================================
Out in the country we encounter many different situations where a fast "getaway" would be in order. Even some of the merge areas of highways it could be needed.
Some of our mountainous areas ,,or even just to pull out further from someone who can read your tags. I can see a multitude of times where this little bit of "extra" power would be needed.
Like I said before,,, I am NOT looking to be doing quarter mile rips with it, I just want to have it available if and when it is needed.

Try and contact this guy in the oz xs650 club and see how his is holding up...

http://www.xs650.org.au/members bikes/mempics8.htm
============================================
Thanks Hotdog,,, I will.

Hey BREW,,,,Out here in the woods , people wanna just run up on ya, so I want to be able to just pull away.
And train robberies???
CMON,,,
Y'all know those days are gone right? lol
Ya need a forklift to unload em now.

Just because ya have something fast don't mean you are gonna be on it WFO all the time. I have the "resources" to do whatever I want,, and I just wanna do it the right way.
The engine,,, if it goes,, it goes, I will get another one. And do what I should have probably done with this one. But I want to have it on the bike, and I will.

Just curious, Have you ridden a xs650 yet?
============================================
Ummmmm,,,, YES
Had one back in the college daze Brew. And another a few years after college, before getting married the first time.
This will be my THIRD one to be exact. Mixed in with a multitude of other 2 wheeled things.
Puch, Ossa, Suzuki, and even had a 501 Maico "back in the day".
The only bike I didn't care for wasw my brothers 495 KTM. My feet were almost 7" off the ground on that one. Didn't have any issues once I got it rolling tho.
Now THAT bike truly scared me,,6th gear wheel stands at 65 MPH,, that thing was nothing but a beast in the truest definition of the word.
So,, I am an old head with riding, and bikes in general. Granted there ARE things I know little about but riding is not one of them.
And I do NOT want a Harley,,, all my friends have em. I want to be different, and I will be.
Good enough answer?

good luck building the most expensive boat anchor in the world. Please have video rolling the first time that button gets pushed. :laughing:

Back