Loose Rear Wheel Bearing Spacer.

Sgilliesjr

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a rear wheel from a 72 xs650. Other than the rim spokes and hub I had to find sources for all the other wheel parts. I ordered both the right and left bearings, the bearing spacer with the flange, and the top hat. I noticed there is about 1/8 to 1/4 inch space between the bearing spacer and the top hat spacer when assembled. Does this seem right. I thought that the thrust from torqueing the axle would cause the inner race on both bearings, the bearing spacer and top had spacer to make contact with each other when torqued. This isn't going to happen if there is that much space between them, any suggestions. Before anyone asks yes I believe both bearing are fully seated. I am wondering if I purchased the right bearing spacer or top hat spacer.

Attachments

• SpacerProblem.jpg
    SpacerProblem.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 214
Thank you for the reply. Yes that spacer is present, it is what I was refering to as the top hat spacer and is pressed in to the bearing.

Man glad there were so many responses with the length of the Wheel bearing spacer, LOL! Anyway I ordered an new one so it doesn't matter at this point hopefully I have the wrong one.

Back