Lost collet

Downer

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I was trying to change valve seals without pulling motor but through the valve covers anyway a valve collet fell into the little hole on the bottom witch I believe is a oil passage I've tried to stick a magnet down there to get it so is it gonna be ok like it will come out or am I fucked thanx in advance

anything metal inside the engine in a place it shouldn't be is a bad thing... try removing your drain plugs and sump plate and see if it made it to the bottom otherwise you are probably going to need to remove at least the top end but probably will have to split the case to find it

They are drains for the oil in the head to make it's way back down to the bottom end. They exit into the cam chain tunnel. I guess if you're lucky and the collet made it all the way through the passage, you may find it in the bottom oil pan. It would still need to make it's way past the crank to get there though.

Drain your oil and may be blow air in the passage with the oil pan off. If it is possible to blow air. Good luck Tony C

Back