For Sale - lots of good and new XS parts. mostly Cafe or streetfighter stuff

gschob

XS650 Member
Reaction score
brake pads, R/R, ss brake line. Suzuki front end and rims

OK, so I bought this sweet streetfighter/ cafe racer roller and then decided to go the bobber route. So I have a lot of nice parts that came off it that are sitting in my garage. my prices are what I think are low and fair, but I am 100% open to offers. I understand that shipping can get expensive with the big items so if you tell me were you live I can give you a price estaminet for shipping before you make an offer. I prefer to use PayPal. I live as far south east In GA as you can go and i'm open for pick up too.

Suzuki front end. I was told that it came off a 1996 Suzuki rf 600. Everything is in pretty good shape and 100% usable. the fork seals are not leaking. The sliders don't have any pitting on them and appear to be straight. The brakes work good but I used the master cylinder for my project (sorry). the only thing questionable is the triple trees. It looks like the top cupel of threads were filed off. Probably to make a flush fit on the XS frame. also it looks like someone used a hammer and screwdriver to remove the steering head bearings . thats not a big deal to me because you don't see that part. (they were on the bike with the tapered type bearings you can buy on mikes XS) What you see in the picture is what I have. There is some hardware missing. Also one of the clip ons has a small bend to it, but they are removable so you can just replace it with a pice of 7/8 bar, buy one for a racing clip on, or ride it as is, its not that bad. The fender is not cracked and is just rattle caned black. a little sanding and a fresh coat of paint would make it look good. asking $200
IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

matching suzuki rims also told they came off the same rf 600. There are no gouges from changing tires, they are straight and the rotors are straight. there are some small scratches on the front rim. what you see in the pics is what you get rims, shock axel, and brakes all come together. Unfortunately I do not have the swing arm. The tires are dunlop qualifiers. The rear has never been used and still has the hairs and lines on it. The front looks like it as very little miles on it. the front is a 120/70/17 and the rear is a 160/60/17. asking $250
IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

TC brothers combined regulator rectifier I used it for couple days then did a permeant magnet upgrade. I cut one of the plugs off to run it through a hole. I payed $100 im asking $75
IMG_0195.jpg

goodridge steel braided brake lines. never used. 31"and 34"long. they were intended for my SV650 race bike. I'll send all the banjo bolts and crush washers that i have. some have failed safety wire holes drilled in them and the others are used. I sold one of the lines the 34" one is still available asking $25
IMG_0197.jpg

EBC Brake pads
I got one set of these they go to the Suzuki front end , make offer
IMG_0204.jpg

and 3 sets of these, they fit late model XS 65O calipers. make offer
IMG_0202.jpg

Last edited:
What year models will the brakes fit?

The early one should fit everything pre 77 and the late model one should fit anything after that. Yamaha really only used those two types of calipers for a long time. (The one i have on my XS is from am rd350) If it looks like the one that was there before it will fit. if you don't know what was there before go to bikebandit.com and look as if you were going to buy a new oem part and see what it looks like in the manual.

Hi, wondering if you can help me? Were the forks fitted into the XS headstock using the stock Suzuki stem or has the XS stem been fitted to the Suzuki triples? Also what diameter wheel spindle does the rear wheel take?

Probably would have had all of the running gear off of you if shipping to the UK wasn't going to be so expensive.

Thanks in advance if you are able to help out with any info on how this set up was fitted - Pixie

Hi, wondering if you can help me? Were the forks fitted into the XS headstock using the stock Suzuki stem or has the XS stem been fitted to the Suzuki triples? Also what diameter wheel spindle does the rear wheel take?

Probably would have had all of the running gear off of you if shipping to the UK wasn't going to be so expensive.

Thanks in advance if you are able to help out with any info on how this set up was fitted - Pixie

the Suzuki triples (including the stem) fit into the XS frame. He used tapered head stem bearings instead of the normal ball barring and races. Also it looks like he used a file to file down the top cupel threads on the stem so the cap would fit flush with the triples. I personally would have just used a spacer or washer. Or used the XS triples and milled the holes out bigger, the axel sizes are the same. I'm not quite sure what you mean by spindle for the rear wheel. He used the Suzuki swing arm, witch fit nicely with the XS frame. he had a nice bracket, that he made, to hook the mono shock to the frame. I bet the wheel will fit between the XS swing arm but you will probably have to make custom wheel spacers. Also if you wanted to run a mono shock on a XS swing arm you would probably have to do some mods to mount the dog bones. this is just my guess I don't even own a XS swing arm, I hard tailed my bike, but when you are doing a build you can make anything fit if you really want it to. I looked up shipping for you and it is pretty ridiculous it was close to $1000 for the 2 big boxes. good luck on your build.

the Suzuki triples (including the stem) fit into the XS frame. He used tapered head stem bearings instead of the normal ball barring and races. Also it looks like he used a file to file down the top cupel threads on the stem so the cap would fit flush with the triples. I personally would have just used a spacer or washer. Or used the XS triples and milled the holes out bigger, the axel sizes are the same. I'm not quite sure what you mean by spindle for the rear wheel. He used the Suzuki swing arm, witch fit nicely with the XS frame. he had a nice bracket, that he made, to hook the mono shock to the frame. I bet the wheel will fit between the XS swing arm but you will probably have to make custom wheel spacers. Also if you wanted to run a mono shock on a XS swing arm you would probably have to do some mods to mount the dog bones. this is just my guess I don't even own a XS swing arm, I hard tailed my bike, but when you are doing a build you can make anything fit if you really want it to. I looked up shipping for you and it is pretty ridiculous it was close to $1000 for the 2 big boxes. good luck on your build.

Thanks for the info, so fitting the triple trees and stem looks to ba simple as sourcing tapered bearings that fit the stem and the XS headstock? And the swinging arm appears to fit straight into the XS frame?

Yeah, I thought postage was going to be XSessive :)

bump... I figured those rear sets and the pipe would go quickly. if anyone is interested make me an offer. I need the space in my garage more than I need the money. whatever extra cash cash I get form this is going towards getting my 3yr old his first dirt bike!

Thanks, gschob ... got the caliper today.. better than I expected! Awesome, and will work for my son's (and my!) project.... Danke... Gracias, Merci!