Many thanks.

VCPatel

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friends,

Felt it was necessary to dish out a well-deserved thank you to the members of this board for their help in getting my bike together and for contributing to a very helpful site.

Was in a tight bind this past summer as I was moving and wasn't taking my bike with me. Needed to get her all put back together in a week's time (she was stripped and in pieces all over my apartment) so I could store her in one piece while I was gone for the year.

With help from this site, I managed to at least get her all back together. I really wanted to fire it up before I left, but ran out of time with only carb/valve/timing tuning left to do.

End of the day, big thanks to this board and its members. If it weren't for this place I think this bike would either have been stored in baskets or, worse, sold in pieces (at large loss).

In any case, here are some pics of the bike as she stood in August on the day I moved/put her away:

A pic of the bike loaded up before going into hibernation:

And finally a pic of how she looked when I first bought her:
IMGP6508.jpg

I'll have time this January to hopefully finish the last bits of tuning up and see if she runs. Looking forward to that.

Again, many thanks to you all.

Cheers.

This site is an endless bucket of info for which I am thankful for as well. I bet you're looking forward to getting back at her. I would be. Keep us posted.

Back