May I introduce myself and hi from Germany!

bernheimer

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

my name is Martin and I ride motorcycles since the age of 18.
I live in the southern part of Germany, near Stuttgart.

Last year I fell in love with a 447. Almost original, runs very good, great motorcycle!

After a lot of reading I found out that the XS is a perfect basic to make a street Tracker.
Wife forgive me, I bought a used frame and start to collect all the info and parts i need to make it look great.

But I am at the very beginning and sure you will read from me in future.
So please excuse my (i hope not so bad) english and I look forward to exchange info´s with you guys.

regards,
Martin

Welcome bernheimer. Don't worry man, your English is better than some of my friends here in the states. Just buy your wife something that sparkles and she will be O.K. Thats what I did anyway. Looking forward to your build

he, he, he...

Here is my 447 as it runs right now.

regards,
martin

Attachments

• IMG_7839.JPG
    IMG_7839.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 287
Willkommen bernheimer.

That bike looks VERY nice as is. Looking forward to seeing the changes you make.

Man that looks good. Almost a shame to tear it apart. Wait, what am I talking about. These bikes were meant to be torn apart. :laugh: Are you planning on doing any engine mods? Big Bore/Re Phase?

Have you seen the "Storm " body kit ? Someone posted a link for that recently . Most people have to spend lots of time and money just to get their bikes looking as good as what you already have , so you are ahead of the game already. Your bike would be a good base for a sleeper , leave the stock looks but put a 750 kit in plus a bunch of other goodies, upgrade the suspension and brakes .

Yep, the red one looks great and I keep it that way.
But as soon as I got on Omar´s Dirt Track pages i fell in love again (damned)...

So I bought a frame, also ´81 and this is how it looks now :)

Attachments

• Foto-7.JPG
    Foto-7.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 144
Welcome Martin,

I see some other bikes in your photo.

Have you seen the trackers on the home page? Pregrids, Osteoderm, Bobber33 - all beauties.

Good luck with your build.

Yep, the red one looks great and I keep it that way.
But as soon as I got on Omar´s Dirt Track pages i fell in love again (damned)...

So I bought a frame, also ´81 and this is how it looks now :)

We stopped getting standards here ( Canada ) in '79 . I am glad you are leaving that bike mostly stock, it would be a shame to cut that one up. Was it restored or just well cared for ?

Hi guys,

yes, really nice pictures. A lot of great builds, gives me good information and inspiration!
Cant find pregrids pictures though.

@pregrid
would you mind sending me some pictures or post the link for me?

Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Grüße vom Bernheimer

Oh, by the way...

are there any other germans here?
Because i am fighting with the german TÃœV.

If i want to use Omar´s fender, i need a "material-expertise" (Material Gutachten) to get the registration. (Grrrr..)

Anyone here who has experience or probably such a expertise?
Thanks again,

regads
martin

Hi Bernheimer, if you want to know anything about the Yamaha XS650 scene in Germany I would start here. Another great site with a lot of content from German enthusiasts, the blog belongs to a gentleman who also lives in Germany - enjoy...

Hi martin and welcome . We are looking forward to seeing your street tracker progress.:thumbsup:

Back