Maybe last decent ride of the season

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Weatherman says it's going to rain tomorrow and maybe even snow on Sunday, so took a long ride today on the FJ-09 down to Prince Edward County, past all the hope they make it new wineries popping up like mushrooms, all the way past the Glenora Ferry to Lake on the Mountain. Odometer reading almost 14,000 km, was zero on May 24 this spring, I like this bike!!
Second road trip out of three where the main street of the primary town was ripped up for reconstruction.
Did not use the nice weather to work on either of my standards, but at least stopped at Service Ontario and got the wrong year on the ownership for one switched from '80 to '77 (red fork ears).
Ended up riding home for 2 hours after sunset, temp dropped from 16 to 11 in the time it took to sneeze, was really pleased I had the grip warmers installed. Stock ones from the Super Tenere fit right on, and even better, the wiring is all there just to connect. The setting reads out on the dash.
The last hour and a half was on the 401, some lengthy areas had brand new black black pavement with fresh white and yellow paint on it, so dark without the moon, the LED head lights made it almost three dimensional!
Picture on the parking lot at Lake on the Mountain overlooking Adolphus Reach and the Glenora Ferry.

Attachments

• SAM_4849.JPG
    SAM_4849.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 98
  • SAM_4855.JPG
    SAM_4855.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 84
...Odometer reading almost 14,000 km, was zero on May 24 this spring, I like this bike!!

Sure sounds like it. That's a lotta riding.

Weatherman says it's going to rain tomorrow and maybe even snow on Sunday...

Looks like the northern states are getting hit hard.

We've had +80°F weather here, ....until now. Weather guys said some retired fellow in Calgary left his refrigerator door open again. Some areas out here calling for 29°F tomorrow night.

Not too worried, we'll be back in the 70s next week...

We had a good run of weather for sure this fall, 4 of the bikes got some miles in November and that's unusual, might get another chance or two before the salt trucks roll. A lot of my nice days were spent in the woods cutting firewood and that's not a bad thing. Got r done last week, racks are filled, lucky cause my splitter was about out of gas. :wink2:
Yeah that's a lot of clicks Lakeview! Got around there this year, maybe for the first time ever, but many of the miles were on the big ole rocking chair RS Venture, hardly counts, LOL

I feel sorry for the latitudes and elevations that can't ride year 'round. Nice place to get stuck, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Back