Free - members screwing other members

well i just read thru this post and seeing my name twice kinda threw me off.
i post extra parts i have for sale all the time and have sold alot of them. some a couple of bucks, some more and some for free and i have never ripped someone off or sold something for what it wasnt

so dbwlf that part you sent me wasnt what you described. and sorry man but im not gonna pay 12.35 shipping back for a 10 dollar part and i never saw a return to my paypal.

AMD i could of sold you the parts as is and kept your money man. that would of made me a bad person to deal with but i dint so what did you f***ing lose
it was an honest mistake and you saying it took a month to get you money back is a lie yea it took a while. i get busy sometimes i have other things to worry about and you being an ass over the phone and in PM didnt wanna make me return it any faster.

Dreamer, we all make mistakes, it happens. It's how we handle it that matters. I've seen you say more than once that you could've just sent something suspect and kept the money. You say that like your doing people a favor. In my mind that thought wouldn't even occur as an option. As far as refunding money, everyone is busy but if I agree that I'm gonna refund someone money they gave me, that becomes a priority. I don't know you, never done business with you and for all I know you are a good dude. I'm not trying to pick on you, I've just noticed your name pop up in other threads. Just treat others how you want to be treated. Pretty simple.

I'll just toss out I have dealt w 650dreamer and it went fine. Price agreed to by negotiation and parts shipped in good time and condition. It seems he has a rather large parts hoard.
Between the XS and other bikes I have dealt with I will guess I have shipped a thousand parts in the last 10 years and have probably bought a thousand also. It helps to keep in mind you are dealing with guys with full time jobs and lots of other obligations and the parts are for 35 year old bikes. A good part will bolt on and work, a great part will clean up and look good from 5 feet. A like new part? Not very likely!

I always include full contact info in my parts dealings, to my mind that is the single greatest error of a lot of guys. It's someone from the forum working on old motorcycles that are not of interest to A-hole kids. your personal info isn't a state secret it's in the phone book for cripe's sake. get your info to the other guy, it adds a bunch of trust. and really helps figure shipping lets a quick text or phone call! Yes a phone call, I can suss out and help more in 3 minutes on the phone than a week of damned texting will do.

Part of my reply to a local CL'r looking for 82 parts.
I have multiples of all those parts, none are brand new. and all came from midwest bikes that are 35 years old. I am sure we can find you parts that will clean up and look good on a rider. I suggest using new cables not used. but I have them. I also keep rebuild some parts for brakes.

headlight, tachometer, right footpeg, rear brake, pedal, right handle assembly (front brake handle, throttle cable, etc), right front and rear blinkers, or front brake caliper.

Dreamer, as I said, the part mixup was an honest mistake, and I thanked you for being honest. The problem was what happened after. Claiming to have refunded the money when you hadn't (great thing about paypal is that you can track that sh*t). The only inflammatory thing I said, was:

"I have not received any money from paypal. where in my money dude? At this point you are just stealing from me. I will pursue getting my money back. Please Just send me the paypal 150."

That was after many polite requests for my money. as for being an ass on the phone, we never talked on the phone dude, so must be confusing me with some other unhappy customer.

Life is pretty simple man, don't like being called out for being dishonest? Then don't be dishonest.

Anyways, not trying to get into a pissing match. Other have had good transactions with you, and I know life gets in the way sometimes, so maybe this was a fluke. Peace and safe riding.

I try not to sell own the board. I have given a few parts away and bought a few. For all of the reasons mentioned I do not sell. Go to e-bay or CL and the market will pay you what it bears. No more or no less. If I have a needed part I do not mind trading. When money is involved, no matter how much, It is a different game for some. Good luck to everyone Tony C.

man,you guys are makin just too much of this.Ya all are craigslisters and know the dangers.If ya don't like it don't buy it!ya take a chance,and I most cases you do ok,but somewhere down the line yer gonna get burned.If you don't want to take a chance then buy new and man up................................................

I think this thread may have reached its life expectancy. I think we've all got the point accross. We dont need this thing getting ugly and turning into finger pointing. Lots of good people on here and if ANYBODY ever takes advantage of anyone else it will find its way to the forum and will be handled publicly.....like this...... and everyone can stay on point.

Remeber: Its us aginst them, not me aginst you.

Happy Monday Everyone and ride safe..... be accurate,.... be honest,... and try to make it work.

Back