Mid Control Suggestions

deemen

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can maybe point me in the right direction with a link. I am running a hardtail so I am looking to use the exhaust brackets, I'm looking for some basic knurled footpegs with matching controls, basically something like tc bros. forwards but for mids. I'll be running high pipes so exhaust clearance will not be an issue. Anyone have a link to a quality all in one mid control kit like this?

Thanks for the link, but those use the original mounts. I have a hardtail so those mounts are long gone, I'm looking for something that uses the exhaust mounts on the bottom rail.

Not a complete kit, but Monstercraftsman has mid-mount pegs to mount on the old exhaust brackets. Use the stock shifter on the left, and a hardtail brake pivot kit like this one from Hugh on the right.

I can't say for sure that there isn't one, but a standardized control kit seems unlikely, as every hardtail is just a little different.

Yeah, those are kinda close but I'm hoping to get something with a nice matching shifter and brake pivot. I realize hardtails are all different but if they use the existing exhaust mounts that shouldn't matter right? I realize there will be some custom brackets to make etc. I just thought that given the amount of aftermarket parts for the XS that someone would make some all matching mid controls. I'll keep looking and update with what I find. I may just end up having some made.

Yeah, those are kinda close but I'm hoping to get something with a nice matching shifter and brake pivot. I realize hardtails are all different but if they use the existing exhaust mounts that shouldn't matter right? I realize there will be some custom brackets to make etc. I just thought that given the amount of aftermarket parts for the XS that someone would make some all matching mid controls. I'll keep looking and update with what I find. I may just end up having some made.

I can make you some if need be... I make and sell a really nice knurled peg and could easily do a matching shifter and/or brake peg... As well as mounts if you needed them. I'll post a pic here and they (the pegs) can also be bought at visual impacts web site.

Attachments

• 325.jpg
    325.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 165
Thanks Andy, those look good, that would be exactly what I am looking for if they offered a shift lever that matched.

livingdeadmc, if you can make me something like this:

spybrake.jpg

and could do a matching shift lever, I'd be very interested. I feel like a lot of people would be. It seems like these exhaust mount mid controls are the last of the xs stuff not available, well that and 21" wheels.

Let me know a price if you are interested in making a set.

This is what i typically do for mids.... The arm that connects the toe peg and foot peg can be done 100 different ways.... And a matching shifter would be no issue.

Attachments

• 20121002_112345-1.jpg
    20121002_112345-1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1,078
I'm glad you started this thread. It would be nice to have a bunch of pics. for different ideas. Here are mine:

20121006_105842.jpg

20121006_110551.jpg

20121006_110535.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Nice examples, guys. charlesincharge does that brake lever control the front and back? It's tough to tell in the pic but it looks like there is a T in the line?

I signed on with livingdead to fab me up a set of mids, I'll update the pics here when I get 'em, judging by pics of his other work I'm pretty excited to see them.

Nice examples, guys. charlesincharge does that brake lever control the front and back? It's tough to tell in the pic but it looks like there is a T in the line?

I signed on with livingdead to fab me up a set of mids, I'll update the pics here when I get 'em, judging by pics of his other work I'm pretty excited to see them.

Yes it is, the black thing is an adjustable proptioning valve to the rear

That's really cool, it may be what I need, I'm using all internal controls (clutch, throttle) on the handlebars and have been trying to figure out a way to run a front brake with foot controls. I have a drum on the rear though. I may do something like this and switch to a rear disc, can you tell me more about that setup? What is that master cylinder and where did you get the proportioning valve?

Back