Mike's sale

XSLeo

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been on Mike's recently? I was on today. They have a "Sale Items" section now. A bunch of parts marked way donw. His steel standard tank with th cap and petcocks is $149.
Lots of deals on exhaust too.
If I had the cash two of those tanks would come here.
Leo

you dont suppose they are selling off to kill the site? Ive been waiting for weeks for them to get the xsperf pod filters in.

I don't think so, probably overstock stuff. Ordered stuff that they thought would sell many and fast. Sold few and slow. Selling off the extra to make room for stuff that does sell many and fast.
Most of the big places have a section of thier sites where they sell off extra stuff cheap. I get e-mails from several on such deals. Same with scratch and dent stuff.
Can't make money with stuff just setting on the shelf.
Leo

Yes,they are trying to move out the slow sellers.If anyone is interested i have quite a few seats (cafe and stock style),exhaust pipes,mufflers,gas tanks,etc.to sell.Most have very minor blems,if any at all. I will be listing those in a few months in the classifieds.P.M. me if you are looking for something.It will be CHEAP! I need the room! DUH! I forgot to mention that all of these parts are new.

Last edited:
I heard about buying one of the sale tanks. Seemed to be debt over the quality of the sale tanks and the legitimacy of the sale figure. Apparently the 55% might not be accurate and it doesn't include petcocks which it used to. I can not validate any of this but you may wish to chase up on it before you buy & investigate further.

A friend bought one of the tanks that mike's sells and within a few weeks the tanks rear bracket had broken, not the welds but the bracket. Comparing the mike's tank and an original, the metal bracket on the rear, (mike's), is a lot thinner.

Back