Mike's ships priority now?

Jawknee21

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they did before but I don't think so. I emailed them about it a month or so ago but no response. It'll be easier for me to make small orders now though. Priority is WAY faster and its like 1/2 the price. Thanks mikesXS!

sweet! I never ordered small parts because I wasn't about to pay $10 shipping on a $3 gasket.

Maybe they did before but I don't think so. I emailed them about it a month or so ago but no response. It'll be easier for me to make small orders now though. Priority is WAY faster and its like 1/2 the price. Thanks mikesXS!

It's great. I ordered a bunch of small carb parts and it was $7.00 shipping and here in Oregon 2 days later.:thumbsup:

I didn't get any priority. Still cost me 12 bucks to ship throttle shaft seals.

I just went throught the check-out again to see. $5.50 for 1 set of seals is $12.42 to ship. No priority option. How the hell can Amazon ship me 5 books weighing 4 pounds and charge me $5.00 to ship and shafts weighing .010 cost $12.42 from Mike's?

I was charged $10.64 for a UPS ground package supposedly weighing 2.83 lbs. The package arrived was only 1 lb, leading to me believe that I was overcharged for shipping. When I went back and did the calculations I discovered that I was actually under-charged by a couple dollars.

When I order from mikes I try not to just order one thing-- otherwise you pay shipping again and again. Even if it means I order something I'm not gonna use for 2 months :thumbsup:

I always go with UPS because it only takes 3 days but I can understand someone wanting Priority if they live far away.

Last edited:
i just got my throttle shaft seals and some float bowl screws shipped for like $20. its not really the money. its the time. priority is way faster than ups. ups takes a week, priority is 2 days. i cant wait a week. and yes, i have done the "order parts i dont need yet to get free shipping" thing. i still have footpeg mount rubbers that havent even been taken out of the bag. and i have 2 new throttle cables still in the bag and the one i have on the bike is new. i was running out of stuff to buy, and money. haha...

Oh, I thought you meant they had shipped the stuff in a smaller package to save shipping fees.

I do try to order a lot to save on shipping, but when I am out of something, and a customer needs the part repaired, I'm forced to pay the shipping on one item. People don't like to wait. It would make sense to just mail it in an envelope or something, not a box. USPS would cost a whole lot less. 12 bucks to ship a 8X8X1" box is stupid.

I just weighed it on our postal scale, which is certified throught the state. The shipping weight on the invoice is .37lbs. The weight of the box and contents is .60lbs. The weight on the UPS shipping label say's it's 1lb.

Back