Mikes Valve compressor

Boy, I see prices have gone up. I have the now $45 one, part #35-0115, but I think it was nearly $10 less a few years back when I got it. It's a wonderful tool and works very well. I wouldn't waste my money on the $100 one.

DIY with a c-clamp my cost $1.00 for the slightly bent c-clamp at a salvage store. works very well.

spring%20compressor%20%28800x597%29.jpg

If you're doing it with the head off, a regular auto valve spring compressor is a cheap item at parts stores and I assume Harbor Freight. $20 tops I would say. Probably 10-15.

$6 all weekend rental, right here--OH YEAH!!!

I used a friends once that made one from a giant C-clamp but it ended up grooving my valve ends as I tightened or loosened it, he hadn't added a dual spinning head type thing so, every time I twisted the throttle of it..well...ya get it...

So I'll get one one day--

This is a good topic

Tools...good tools always good

I have several. The one from Mike's was the last one I got (and the best) and the others just collect dust now.

Well I'm sure Gary's is just swell if all you ever use it on is a 650. The kit from Mike's will fit and work on a multitude of motors with all different valve and valve spring sizes.

I think the price of garys is awesome!. actually pretty clever. thing though, I dont have a c-clamp that big! Pawn shop does though.

Back