Mike's xs fl

This worries me, new guys have taken over Mikes. Have they reached out to this board ? Have they even contacted this board? I have to think the members of this board are a huge market the new owners could not afford to ignore. Not having a phone number is a red flag. Call it anything you want, but this is serious bad business practice. Inexcusable in today's world.. "Let the buyer beware"

9 Days once I got the notice, for my order as well.

Here is the return label with their phone number:

Attachments

• MikesXS.jpg
    MikesXS.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 129
Just an addition, I ordered parts from mikes and spent the $ for second day shipping and what do ya know? took forever!!!! I have since been dealing with 650central.com and its a relief to be able to talk to the gentleman! My shipping was fast, he is closed on fridays but went out of his way to ship my order on friday to expidite! Top notch in my opinion! Lets give him our money folks! It's a shame what has happened to mikesxs, they have had ample time to get their sh!t even remotely together and they are failing. Maybe them getting the benifit of the doubt and us still ordering is not a slap in their face... "No demand, no orders, crap guys we gotta fix this NOW!" says the new owners...:doh:

Talked to Mike at 650 Central yesterday and he says he gets a lot of his parts from Mike's XS. I need a gasket set and a seal set. He says they're on back order. Go figure.

Maybe they are holding out on him because he is "competition". I tried him first and he told me the same thing. Then I ended up ordering from mikesxs online and got the order in about a week. Weird. Would still rather support 650 central, he seems like a cool guy.

I did the same yesterday and XSCENTRAL has a lot of BACK ORDER on his site now TOO.
The link in the chain just broke.

Shit! We should all give a big warm welcome and thank you to the new mikesxs owners...! Just can't understand why one would invest/buy a business to almost TRY and lose customers!:banghead:

I'm not sure most of you fellas have enough XS karma to be bitching so much. This isn't Walmart. These are tiny businesses and mikesxs is in flux. Give the new guys time to make a go of it. Don't you expect things to be slow for a while? Now that I've said all that, let's hope they get their sh!t together.

Tom

i ordered last week, it took 8 days to get to my door in CT with regular ground shipping. ignition parts and sprockets...

mikes has a good selection of coils

i heard that since 'mike' doesnt own it anymore they're changing the name to Briansxs.com

Right now I bet someone is watching all this and laying in wait ready to pounce. Perfect opportunity to learn and then start their own business.

A time of "silent" transition works so much better. New owners slowly get into the groove and learn all the ins and outs of the business first. Never letting on there are new kids in town. After they are able to run it smoothly, on their own, only then do they annouce the company is under new ownership. During this time the company will run slower, but will have less big bumps, as we are seeing now. Then when the new owners are announced customers say to themselves, "oh, that's why it was slow" thus taking the blame from the original owner and not making the new owners look stupid. Never make a huge announcement that there are new owners unless the company is running at tip-top. Or run out of items. People remember.

My business is 90% word of mouth and I live in a town that built the mill that builds rumors. If you do one thing they don't like, your done. I saw a pizza place sell 2 large pizzas, a dozen wings, and a 2-liter for $12.00. Nobody came, crickets. When they first opened they put a big article in the paper about how, "Finally, real New York pizza is in town. From people who actually know pizza" and some other big headed crap. They lasted 6 months. Partly due to the huge ego trip paper article and that they didn't have their shit together. But they said they knew pizza, right? Wrong. They were the only pizza place within 15 miles. People actually drove to the other joint just to prove a point.

And that's my business leason for the day :laugh:
Good thing I have a masters in Agribusiness Management. Which means I spent a lot of money to get a degree to run a farm....and don't run a farm :doh:

You know i got NO PROBLEM with having a NEW OWNER GOOD FOR THEM BUT!!!!
There is a down time and move time that you have to eat in any business in a take over .
Nine days is not outrageous BUT POST SOMETHING. Give a guy a heads up and KEEP IT POSTED until you get you act together. I will still buy but i got to add the 9 days into my plans and that backs my customers up 9 days .So shit floats down hill and the customer is on the bottom . Is that fair.
JUST GET ON SOMEWHERE AND GIVE A BROTHER A HEADS UP!!!!
If a lot of people go to someone else or like Bill said perfect OPP for a bigger company to walk right in and eat a new owner up. I know if i had money to burn i would be contacting all there vendors and try to make deals. VENDORS want there parts sold not sitting in a warehouse and this is a VERY DOGGIE DOG business.
ARE THERE ANY INVESTORS OUT THERE THAT WANT TO MAKE A MOVE????????
MONEY CHANGES EVERYTHING ALWAYS!!!!

I seriously doubt that anyone can move in and take over the xs650 market. From what I read from pamco pete I think it was. Mike wrote the book on the xs650 game. He traveled to the foreign countries to find a manufacture for the parts that were no longer available from the original manufacture. That's a hard and time consuming thing to do and you have to put down some cash to pull that off. He has companies in 4 other countries according to his website that by from him cause he has the hard to find parts on lock down. Every time I ordered from mikesxs it arrived in VA in 2 days. My buddy ordered something under the new ownership and it took like a week in a half. That being said I hope the new owners get their shit together quick.

That's L&B Barbeque, in Florida, phone number. Weird.

Oh, so it's 9205, not 9295.

The pizza store is up front...the parts business operates out of the back of the building. That's called diversification. Just don't order a pizza from the parts side of the building and expect it to be delivered to your house in less than 30 minutes...:)

All seriousness aside, I'm pulling for them. It makes it so easy to go to mikesxs.com and buy parts. I've noticed some of the things that were out of stock previously are slowly coming back on line. And, even with the recent price increase, their prices still seem to be good. While my emails were basically ignored for about two weeks, they do seem to be replying to my inane questions now...even if a few days later.

Your comments about word of mouth business are dead on, especially for bricks and mortar businesses. Most of my business comes from referrals from previous customers (plus repeat business).

I don't know how old you are but people said the same thing about JAMMER/Georgia Cycle/Custom Chrome/DRAG Specitials and a lot of others that though they were the only one and companies like PARTS UNLIMITED DEEPDEEP POCKETS ATE them up because they wanted to be the BIG DOG.
In the 70's 80's 90's there were a lot of company's to buy from and they fell over backwards to get your business. NOW you need DEEP POCKETS to be one of there vendors
I had DRAG send a GIRL to my shop and turn down a $21,000 check because my shop didn't meet the LOOK they wanted. So anything is possible and even if he went to MARS to make a deal with green people making XS parts. MONEYMONEYMONEY changes everyone.

I should of said move in and take over quickly. Your right anything is possible but I don't see it in the near future. Not with the way things are now at least.

Hi, my name is Dave and I'll be your guinea pig for today. I just ordered $160.00 in parts from Mike's SX. Yeah, I know, brave, huh? Included were some parts 650 Central was told that were on back order. Engine gasket set, engine seal set, etc. Stupid? I don't think so. Besides the fact that my project is stalled without these, I'd like to test real time what the situation is at Mike's. I'll keep you posted. Stay tuned..............

Back