Mike's XS

I placed an order w/ Mikes two days ago and it's already on it's way here UPS ground and will be here on Thursday. :) I'm happy so far w/ Mikes. Hope they get the PAMCO's in stock again soon. :)

I have to add that I have nothing but good things to say about XS650Direct (Canadian branch on MikesXS). Just put in an order yesterday morning, got shipping info later the same day.

Only bad thing I can say is they were out of stock on gasket sets when I needed one! Lol!

I have two 650's full of Mikes parts. I like them and I tell other XS owners about them. Having said that I have had a couple of problems and issues. I have a few pilot jets that are not even close to oem size. They look like the right part, but do not fit. I have a few alt brushes, one won't even fit in the holder another set worked until they were about a third worn. Some things I buy OEM, some things from Mikes. I was not able to fit his black 3.9 gallon tank on my '80 or '81 without cutting the side covers. I was very disappointed and wish I had just cut the damn things and kept the ill fitting tank. But Mike took it back and refunded my $. I am not impressed with the new guys shipping schedule. I used to put an order in on a Sunday night and have the parts by friday, not happening now. To leave it on a positive note; I do not believe you can get a better exhaust system for a XS650 than Mikes XS1 replica, louder? sure, faster? sure, better? no.
Whynot2
Riding XS650s since 1972

I've made 2 orders now from Mikes and both were sent out quickly. Friday my latest order was supposedly delivered by UPS to my house, but its not here. They keep insisting it was delivered and left on my porch. I called UPS and they won't let me make a claim to start tracking it down. Mike's site states under terms and conditions that the customer has to sort out the issue, but UPS says Mikes has to make the claim. I emailed them Friday, i've got my fingers crossed it will all work out smoothly. My guess, its still on the delivery truck...

Yeah the part about you having to deal With lost shipments queered me alittle also. I had an issues with someone swipping a couple of packages off my porch a couple of years back and thats what i was told they have to file the claim.
The problem I have with Mikes is I have sent three emails asking about availability of parts that are on the website that are rarely in stock. I have yet to get a response. So I spent about 50 bucks more to get the product somewhere else.
I hope you get a better response from Mikes or the part is on the truck.

mikes got back to me first thing this morning and filed the claim. like i said, mikes has been great to me. dealing with UPS is a nightmare. ratfink, the odds that my package was ripped off are very slim but i guess you never know. did anything come from filing your claim??

Update: Mikes got my package tracked down, it should be here tomorrow.

Last edited:
I agree with the good comments. I have purchased many replacement parts from Mikes XS for a pair of XS2's over the last couple of years and the orders have been perfect and timely. Had a pair of mirrors that came mismatched once and no questions asked they made it right.

they have been awesome for me so far. during the canada post strike they ended up emailing me for my direct address and shipped my parts by courier instead of canada post free of charge.

I have ordered a crap load of stuff from mikes and don't have a bad thing to say about anything it great..

Since just got my first order with Mike's don't want to be to be a butt head, but my order took a week to ship out (via UPS documentation) even though the invoice stated it shipped out the same day ordered. Called them on it, and they just checked the invoice and said it shipped out same day. Never followed up with any explanation of shipping delay. Received order and got a clutch cable instead of a tach cable as ordered. Notified them immediately but no response for two business days. Emailed them again today and all the asked for is the part number I received, no info on when correct item would be shipped. Does anyone have a contact number for them? Are they having problems I should be aware of? I know there are not alot of alternatives, but I know I'll be spending alot with this rebuild? Thanks

I never experienced Mikes XS before the new owners took over as they wouldn't ship to my location so I always bought from Ruediger Paustian at XS650Shop in Germany.
His service is very good and I didn't experience a single problem, ever.
I recently bought a new barrel and piston kit from Mikes without a hitch, 1 week delivery to Philippines and respectable shipping cost. I'm happy.

I've had mostly good experience with Mikes. Historically he would rather sell out existing stock of known junk than scrap it and I got some of that junk, but usually I got what I paid for and it shipped quickly.

His recent practice of combining the previous order with the most recent ("for your convenience") when paying via PayPal is quite irritating to me, but his "out of stock" practice is much worse.

I ordered and paid for my most recent purchase via PayPal (after going through the added-on previous order and deleting each item). A couple days later I got an email notice that they were refunding for items that were out of stock (they did not say which items). To make a long story interminable, the package arrived without the stuff that I actually needed and the shipping cost was higher than the cost of the contents.

I, of course, would have cancelled the order if given the opportunity.

Well just an update... even though it did take several emails back and forth Mike's did send out the correct item at no additional charge. All of this delayed me a couple of weeks. Now back to seeing how well I can get the old girl running. Got to build me a manometer.

I've had mostly good experience with Mikes. Historically he would rather sell out existing stock of known junk than scrap it and I got some of that junk, but usually I got what I paid for and it shipped quickly.

His recent practice of combining the previous order with the most recent ("for your convenience") when paying via PayPal is quite irritating to me, but his "out of stock" practice is much worse.

I ordered and paid for my most recent purchase via PayPal (after going through the added-on previous order and deleting each item). A couple days later I got an email notice that they were refunding for items that were out of stock (they did not say which items). To make a long story interminable, the package arrived without the stuff that I actually needed and the shipping cost was higher than the cost of the contents.

I, of course, would have cancelled the order if given the opportunity.

Mike LaLonde sold the business early last year and has no input into the current operation of the business.

Just want to add that Mikes is great. Ordered and was shipped out the next day. Everything was packaged nicely and everything was shipped correctly the first time.

Just placed 2 orders within the last month and both arrived fast. Had a problem with my 1.9" speedo last year and they got it replaced for me.

Back