Mikes XS1 replica exhaust for standards.

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Just got my set for the 74. Finish appears to be very nice one them so far, nice bracketry, great instructions, hardware, and spanner included (spanner is for tightening muffler joints).

The sound...Is great. Not obnoxious, but a well defined parallel twin while riding. I had a ton of people look while i was driving to see what that fantastic sound was. Not lound enough for anyone to bother you, but louder than modern bike exhaust. A real nice compromise.

i'll get pics up later today.

P9030155.jpg

P9030156.jpg

P9030157.jpg

Nice, did you need to adjust your carbs?

Are those the same as the "commando's" from mikes?

no, they are replica xs1 pipes...built close to or the same spec as the factoty pipes the xs1 came with.

No carb adjustment yet. plugs look pretty good and it rides well. may try a small needle shim.

Great looking ride. I have a 1972 XS2 with all original parts. Exhaust is stock. Very clean and bright. Was thinking of changing it however to the Bub Enterprise set for 650's. Does anyone have any experience with this product. I heard that there is a significant improvement in performance with it. Of course rejetting would be required. I also heard the sound is nothing close to the stock sound and is very loud. Any one know about this?

Back