mikesxs exhaust system

Tz250racer

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi,I was wondering on how you connect a muffler to the Mikesxs Ascot type 2 exhaust.One header goes under the motor and the other below the clutch cover.I guess you will need a Y adapter like the system on the top pic has but Mike has none for sale.Any help will be very appreciated.Thanks

Mike's Ascot system is designed to use 2 mufflers,not one.I should know since i designed it and built the prototype for Mike.You could probably use a 2 into 1 adapter on the pipes so you could run only one muffler,but then why not just buy his 2 into one headpipe set to begin with? They almost look the same as each other anyways.

Are you talking about the exhaust header system on the first pic?.Yes that one has a Y adapter but It won't work on the racetrack.The lower pipe will scrape every time i go deep in a right turn.A dear friend mine has that system and grounded the hell on the lower pipe.One time he almost highsided the bike(rear wheel off the ground).Good system for the street only.I need to have as much ground clearance possible to avoid bad surprises.Two headers going under the motor would be the best but nothing is available.I wonder if the right header could go under the motor but I still don't know where to find the Y adapter.The Xs handles very well on the racetrack.Not like a Tz but it can be pretty fast and fun if you open the throttle the right way.Thanks

Thanks

TZ,i have an extra adapter at my shop if you are interested.The 2 inlets are 1.5 I.D. and the outlet is 1.75 O.D. 8" long. You would have to do some cut and re-weld to get the right side pipe to go under the engine if you use the ascot pipes.I've also got some blem pipes here if you would need any specific bends.If you want the adapter $25.00 shipped to your door,if you are in the states.Good luck on your racer,sounds fun!

Back