MikesXS New 2-into-1 Exhausts?

cooltouch

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
A while back, I bought a set of Mac 2-into-2 exhaust headers for my '78 cafe project, but then I was visiting MikesXS's site a couple days ago, and saw that he has a new 2-1 set that he claims provides more power than any other set he sells or has researched. So . . . now I'm rethinking things.

http://www.mikesxs.net/products-44.html#products

Just wondering if anyone here has bought this new 2-1 set and what you're impressions are?

I think they mean over any of their range as the mikesxs 2-1 looks vertually the same as the MAC 2-1, I run 2-1 on both my xs's with a MAC on one and a motad on the other,

Just read your post properly and see you have 2-2, I personally think they run better with a 2-1 but that is only my opinion with no solid proof to back it up, waiting for someone to come up with the tuned length, pipe size and configeration for the xs to run at its best.
There seems to be lots of info on carbs and engine mods but very little on the exhaust, which plays quite alot with the performance of the engine

Last edited:
2 into 1 without question is the best performance set up. Even the Harley dyno lab people will tell the same. Some carb adjusting will have to be done for sure.
dyno_07-0767.png

Much more HP, but how many want to rev their XS to red line on a consistent basis? Wonder if any pipe works better to fatten the mid range say 3500 to 4500 RPM

Much more HP, but how many want to rev their XS to red line on a consistent basis? Wonder if any pipe works better to fatten the mid range say 3500 to 4500 RPM

Hmmm . . . on closer examination of the chart, the 2-1 provides about a maximum of 4 additional hp at about 3500 rpm, but once over 4000rpm, gives it all back, and then some. By 5500 rpm, it produces 5 hp less, which is significant. My '81 starts getting pretty buzzy above 4500 rpm, so when I'm cruising on that bike, I tend to keep it at that engine speed or lower. And at 4500 rpm, it puts out -2 hp compared to stock.

Oh well. I guess I'll go ahead and use what I have -- the 2-into2's -- and if I'm not happy with them, maybe I'll start looking for something else.

Back