MikesXS Slimline Master Cylinder Question

OakBehringer

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Got it in the mail today. What is the deal with the metal nub that comes out of area where the brake line banjo bolt installs? It seems to be there to prevent the banjo from being pointed straight down, but I can't imagine why. I'd like to grind it off... unless someone can tells me it serves a purpose?

08-4003.jpg

Thanks,
Adam

Got it in the mail today. What is the deal with the metal nub that comes out of area where the brake line banjo bolt installs? It seems to be there to prevent the banjo from being pointed straight down, but I can't imagine why. I'd like to grind it off... unless someone can tells me it serves a purpose?

08-4003.jpg

Thanks,
Adam

Probably to stop the line from rotating when tightening the banjo bolt...

Hard to tell from the picture..

The nub is there to keep the banjo fitting from spinning when you tighten it. Don't cut it unless you have to, but if you have to, then... just be careful when you tighten the banjo bolt.

Plenty of other masters don't have such nubs (like my radial Brembos), and work fine.

I have that same one for my R1 front brake conversion. Still waiting on my father to machine that bracket. I should get on him about that.

Back