MikesXS

Bad news for anyone waiting on the PAMCO system like me. I just received an email from them and they said "We have them on order. Check back in about 6 weeks.":yikes:
I am pissed to say the least. It has already been 4 weeks...
Anybody have the advance mechanism they wanna sell me?

Just a clarification. drewbaby is referring to the PAMCO kits with the advance parts. The basic PAMCO and the kits without the advance parts are either in stock, or will be by early next week as I am shipping a good size order to MikesXS on Friday.

There you go Drewbaby, Pete's fixed you up.

I wonder why people talk about Pete's stuff like he's not here all the time. :D If you have questions ask him.

John

Pete, Always keeping his customers happy :thumbsup: There is a reason that Pamcopete is the ONLY ignition I will run on customer bikes and recommend to those building rephased engines...

Trying to get a Pamcopete ignition, they don't have a single one in stock either :doh:

Thats not something I'm gonna complain about though, since Pete is the man for XS Ignitions. 6 weeks is the wait on those though, any confirmations on that?

I think that they have just run out of the coils that are part of the kit. A lot of this stuff was not reordered during the negotiating phase of the sale. When you sell a business, you have to just stop it at some point to take inventory and such, so a lot of the reordering didn't happen.

I'm glad I ordered when I did. Got my PAMCO W/ ATM and coil. Still waiting for the throttle shaft seals to be restocked though.

Just a clarification. drewbaby is referring to the PAMCO kits with the advance parts. The basic PAMCO and the kits without the advance parts are either in stock, or will be by early next week as I am shipping a good size order to MikesXS on Friday.

I think I'm gonna frame this one...:D

I'll sign it if you want :laugh:

Seriously though, I always give praise and recommendations for great products, and they are far and few between. I have very high standards and you exceed them everytime :thumbsup:

Bummer, I need some new valves and they are out of exhausts. Called 650 Central and the guy that does the shipping is out until March 5th, so they're not shipping anything until ten. :( That's ok, I'm about to send my crank and cam to Punkskalar for a little 277 adjustment, so can't do anything until thats done anyway.

I am grateful Mike's was in business. If he wasn't my bike wouldn't be a runner now. I hope the new owners realize what they have is a small volume business. The XS650 community is growing but it's never going to be as big an operation as the Harley aftermarket.

Just want to say there is still 650central, and that guy will talk to you forever and there is a phone number, only bad is he doesnt carry Pamco's and the last time I ordered from him I told him to look into them. Just thought id throw that out there.:shrug:

To the hundreds involved in the xs 650 R&D force.. On thisForum; Still done and shared free of charge for all xs650 owners to benefit from...... Not for those being swindled by certain quasi parts venders..
I have heard more bad than good in regard to not only Mikes but others that have clamed to be the Best Source Of Parts For Your XS 650 . The vary same thing happened to the Triumph 650/750 twin parts market in the late 70s. A horrendous amount of substandard parts (junk )being imported and being sold to unsuspecting builders/buyers. Hopefully those of you who continue to build the XS650s will stop catering to these unscrupulous venders and buy only from those venders that know the XS first hand (and use the parts they sell) on future builds. The parts are going to cost more; you will however have far better results and be satisfied with the end result than trying to use parts that are substandard i.e. (junk):banghead: do your homework before you buy parts; it pays big time going down the road and not worrying ( if its gonna stay together) you know it will so twist it up, and smile.:thumbsup:

You can get the "Green Monster" coil from Z1 Enterprises. It's a Dyna. I have two on my GS1100. Z1 is an excellent company to deal with.

Gang, Hugh's HandBuilt is trying like hell to start keeping some XS650 parts in stock at cheaper rates than MikesXS. AND, you'll get customer service.

I'm hoping to start stocking things like gasket kits, brake master cylinders, hardware kits for the forks, engine, etc.. and of course keep bringing new products to market. Stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Hugh

Gang, Hugh's HandBuilt is trying like hell to start keeping some XS650 parts in stock at cheaper rates than MikesXS. AND, you'll get customer service.

I'm hoping to start stocking things like gasket kits, brake master cylinders, hardware kits for the forks, engine, etc.. and of course keep bringing new products to market. Stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Hugh
Thanks, Hugh! That is exactly what the XS community needs....someone who is involved on a personal level and is committed to develop and make quality products. I encourage anyone else who thinks that they have a useful product for the XS to try to develop and market it. I'm sure there are many people on the Forum that would be glad to help with advice and testing.

Actually, the price for the cafe/sport seat for the Specials on 650Direct has gone down a bit here in Canada. It was over $200 the last time I looked, now it's $195. Probably related to the favourable exchange rate right now. Give credit where it's due, most companies would be pocketing the bonus instead of dropping prices.

EDIT:

Upon further review, it seems as though everything is a bit cheaper on 650Direct. Somebody build a cross, this has to be the first time I have seen this. I can remember when the beaverbuck was barely more than 60cents US. It was a great time to be living on the border if you were American, lots of deals to be had. There was a flurry of car buying by Canadians down south a few years ago when the dollar hit parity. We're not talking chump change either, the difference was great enough to justify a trip to Florida. As soon as the Canadian dealers got wind of it, warranty service was refused across the board, and US dealerships were told in no uncertain terms that they were not to sell to Canadian buyers. So much for the free market.

Last edited:
Small but important correction:

I described the new owners as "investors" in the opening post of the thread. In fact, the new owners are...new owners and operators of MikesXS. They are there everyday working the business. Their two main objectives are to improve service and maintain a larger inventory.

Small but important correction:

I described the new owners as "investors" in the opening post of the thread. In fact, the new owners are...new owners and operators of MikesXS. They are there everyday working the business. Their two main objectives are to improve service and maintain a larger inventory.

That's good to hear! Thanks!

Back