Mikuni Needle Jets source

robinc

Member of the 'yellow meter gang'
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever found a source for genuine Mikuni needle jets? I have searched all the usual carb parts suppliers and can't find any.

I am cleaning, refurbing, rebuilding a set of 78/79 BS38's from my 78 project and see someone has been in there and wasn't too careful about it. Mangled screw heads, cross threaded screws..........man.

When they replaced the needle jet o-rings that we all know are tough to get back in there even lubed up with a little WD40, they sheared off some of the o-rings and just left the pieces hanging out around the bases of the needle jets. Boy, just pull em out, put on another o-ring and try again.
But, they also gave up and used a hammer to seat them and cracked one.

After having just had a bad experience with non Mikuni floats, I am hesitant to buy non Mikuni needle jets.

So I'm trying to source a set of genuine Mikuni Z-2 needle jets.
These can't be easy to find but hoping someone might have a source.

Thanks.

Ya, that's the question of the day isn't it 2M.

I have read elsewhere on here that Mike's needle jets are repops that even have fake Mikuni markings.
Just don't know.

Part shows as obsolete everywhere and can't find anything other than repops at any of the usual Mikuni parts sources.

Maybe that's our only option with this part these days.
I can 'borrow' a pair from another 78/79 set but was hoping to not reduce that set to parts donors status.

I'd say pretty much a glass half full kind of guy.

On this one, hmm, cautiously optimistic.

I don't think these were available from Mikuni even back in the day, while the bikes were still being produced. You had to get them from Yamaha. Made by Mikuni yes, but apparently only for bike manufacturers. Suzuki used similar Mikuni CV carbs on some of their bikes. Same deal with the needle jets, only available from Suzuki. I think the needles used were also like that. I have an old Sudco Mikuni catalog and it doesn't list either of them.

Ok, great thanks 5twins.

I guess our only option then is Mike's/XS650direct, and other aftermarket suppliers. Or eBay if ya get lucky.

Back