Mikuni VM slide carbs for xs650

MrYeats

MrYeats
Reaction score
I am thinking of using some new VM slide carburetion for my xs650. Has anyone got any experience with this?
What size jetting, venturi, etc...

Mr. Yeats it all depends upon what changes you have made to your bike. Look at the carb guide and you will see that Griz has written just about all the information that you will need to tune VM34's. If you buy from M.M.M 650 Central he is a major help.

I run a set and they run great there are other treads on here that list the slides and jeting set up's I just can't remember whats in mine right now but 2.5 slides 180 main 25 pilot sounds about right place to start not sure on needle and needle jet.but google search at the top of page helps find what you need it's better than my memery

What's with these guys who post questions that have been asked and answered over and over? Are they too lazy to do a basic search, are they seeking attention, or do they think information is only of value if it's directed personally to them?

If you don't want to answer, keep your words to yourself. Or are you just trying to get some attention?

It's seriously been asked a million times. Search Google and you'll bring it all up. ..plus carb guide. You can find almost anything by searching it in Google with xs650 vm34 in the title....

Posted via Mobile

MrYeats, grizld1 is one of the co-writers of the carb guide. He has answered that question way to many times already. He was just telling it like it is.
Leo

Thank you , Leo. BTW, the VM section of the Carb Guide was my work alone. I've also written XS/TX650 Carburetors: A Manual for the Yamaha 650 Society. It's an illustrated 26-page manual and includes trouble shooting symptoms and cures, with a review of many aftermarket carbs and a section on VM's; order from the Society.

"Has anyone got any experience with this?" Why Hell no, Opie, we just make this stuff up as we go along.

Gents, another explanation of asking many times asked and answered questions occurs to me. Maybe what we have here is an example of posting just to raise post count, commonly known as "post whoring."

And Opie, where you're concerned you can bet I'll keep my words to myself. I'd make sure you could never find a word I've written if I could do it.

I would like to meet face to face one who would call me OPIE you self righteous bastard. Anybody is free NOT to respond to my threads and you damn sure don't have to go busting my balls over it. Is it that hard for you to just pass it up and say nothing as opposed to strutting your God status...

It's seriously been asked a million times. Search Google and you'll bring it all up. ..plus carb guide. You can find almost anything by searching it in Google with xs650 vm34 in the title....

Posted via Mobile

I don't have time to peruse this whole godsdamned site to get an answer. If you got no answer, leave it alone. Don't bust my balls and I wont bust yours.

MrYeats, grizld1 is one of the co-writers of the carb guide. He has answered that question way to many times already. He was just telling it like it is.
Leo

Let him take ALL his wisdom to another thread. I don't invite the GODS to answer, just friendly chaps with no hangups...You guys need to get a life.

I think Mr. Yeats question was sincere. With no disrespect intended, I'm guessing he's an older gentleman. You guys have to realize using the forums can be confusing for some people. I don't think he's trying to feel special. Here's the carb guide grizld1 wrote for said carbs, let's try to keep this a friendly place fellas.
http://www.amckayltd.com/vm34-36.pdf

It's kinda funny to me how someone with little experience that ridicules those who do just because they don't like a response to their question.
Also if you don't have the time to do some research, then how can you have time to do this ridicule?
Leo

All of the answers for 90% of our problems lay within the forum archives. Mr.Yeats is new and not familiar with how the forum works. Do your research and after the research if you still have questions I am sure everyone on the forum will gladly help. Tony C.

Right, I am 60 years old and still don't meddle in areas I don't belong. But if I need to know something, I ask, it is a forum, look up the word. If I bother you before you get the urge to scribble, and it bothers you, close the page and move on. I don't need sarcasm, I need answers, and yes, I like to meet and talk to people, friendly people. The most common phrase that really gets my peeve button moving is "If it were me, then I would____."
You are not me. I ask direct questions and appreciate direct answers. Remember, I did not start the name calling, neither will I tolerate it. It is a PRIDE thing. We all have it.

It's kinda funny to me how someone with little experience that ridicules those who do just because they don't like a response to their question.
Also if you don't have the time to do some research, then how can you have time to do this ridicule?
Leo

I don't disrespect people of knowledge, nor do I ridicule them. Remember that I just asked a question, that is my research. Get your P's an Q's in order before you let them go...And you can always just hit the ignore button and you won't be bothered with my trivialities.

What burns me about guys like you is that you expect people to spend more time giving you answers than you're willing to spend looking for them. BTW I'm 67 years old and wasn't raised to act helpless. Asking often asked and answered questions is to research as panhandling is to working for a living.

What burns me about guys like you is that you expect people to spend more time giving you answers than you're willing to spend looking for them. BTW I'm 67 years old and wasn't raised to act helpless. Asking often asked and answered questions is to research as panhandling is to working for a living.

See Griz, that's part of the deal.
When you start a phrase with those words "Guys like you."
You don't know me and how do you know what I expect?
I guess we are all part of the same forum, but for obvious different reasons.
I am having the time of my retired life getting to build motorbikes and sort of reliving my adolescence. I come on, like a bull in a china closet I guess. I come out of my garage at times with a thought like "I wonder if anyone has done this or that,and I get on and ask questions."
Not aware of what is in the waters here, I get responses from, Dare I say it, Guys like you, who are so full of this sacred knowledge that you don't have time and stop to help the little OPIES of this world. Then there's gus like Dirty Dog who actually talk and give out some numbers...There it is.
I am not looking to rack up a thread count score, let alone be accused of "Whoring".
I am just doing what seems necessary at the time to get some answers to my questions. If you don't have the time, please don't feel obliged to stop and offer any solutions. I will have never known you were even there.

I don't have time to peruse this whole godsdamned site to get an answer. If you got no answer, leave it alone. Don't bust my balls and I wont bust yours.

If you weren't senile maybe you could heed advice and learn how Google works. Why spend a ton of time re typing the exact same things over and over when it been well documented and archived. It can be found faster than anyone can retype it.

I gave legit advice earlier. Now you can GFY.

Posted via Mobile

Back