Milwaukee Rockerbox 2011 Aug 6th

I spy my bike!!! 38 thru 43. At least someone took a pic of it:laugh:

Posted via Mobile

I really liked your bike. I am doing a similar build, so I got some good ideas off of it.
Too bad I missed you I would have like to have met the man behind the bike.
Are you running an internal throttle?

Thanks! Its a work in progress. I very happy to say I did 95% of the work. Everything except the tail (I welded it on) the tank (cole foster) the throttle (nash and yup its internal) and the taillight (afterhours) It would have been nice to meet some people from the board! Where you at in wisconsin?

If you saw a bearded guy wearing a lime green polo shirt and a blonde chick... Well that was me lol. Here are the pics that I took.

Attachments

• Rockerbox 01 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 01 - Copy.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Rockerbox 02 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 02 - Copy.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Rockerbox 03 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 03 - Copy.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Rockerbox 04 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 04 - Copy.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 129
  • rockerbox 05 - Copy.jpg
    rockerbox 05 - Copy.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Rockerbox 06 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 06 - Copy.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Rockerbox 12 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 12 - Copy.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Rockerbox 11 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 11 - Copy.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Rockerbox 10 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 10 - Copy.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 108
  • Rockerbox 09 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 09 - Copy.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Rockerbox 08 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 08 - Copy.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Rockerbox 07 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 07 - Copy.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 112
And More....

Some bikes got a cpl of pics.

Attachments

• Rockerbox 18 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 18 - Copy.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Rockerbox 17 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 17 - Copy.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Rockerbox 16 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 16 - Copy.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Rockerbox 15 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 15 - Copy.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Rockerbox 14 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 14 - Copy.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Rockerbox 13 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 13 - Copy.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Rockerbox 24 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 24 - Copy.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Rockerbox 23 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 23 - Copy.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Rockerbox 22 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 22 - Copy.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Rockerbox 21 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 21 - Copy.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Rockerbox 20 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 20 - Copy.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Rockerbox 19 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 19 - Copy.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 121
Last 3 pics

Attachments

• Rockerbox 25 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 25 - Copy.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Rockerbox 26 - Copy.jpg
    Rockerbox 26 - Copy.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 104
  • rockerbox 27 - Copy.jpg
    rockerbox 27 - Copy.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 97
Thanks! Its a work in progress. I very happy to say I did 95% of the work. Everything except the tail (I welded it on) the tank (cole foster) the throttle (nash and yup its internal) and the taillight (afterhours) It would have been nice to meet some people from the board! Where you at in wisconsin?

I live just outside of Madison.

If you saw a bearded guy wearing a lime green polo shirt and a blonde chick... Well that was me lol. Here are the pics that I took.

Saw a lot of bearded guys walking around, none in a lime green polo, and even fewer with a blonde chick. Although, I did have my eyes behind the camera most of the time.

If you go to most bike shows in this area it's 90% Harleys. This is the one show for the rest of us and yet the baggers, goldwings and other land yachts still show up. I've been going to this show for a while now and it seems to be getting worse. Can you tell I'm not a Harley fan? At least the cool bikes outweigh the others once a year.

Can't we all just get along!!:D ah to each there own but there I for one like to see the old harleys... supermotos...cafes and street frighters. But that's just me. I sat awhile with a gentleman and we were total opposite but yet we came to the same place for one thing bikes! I do however get a kick out of when I park next to the harley dark custom sportster guy around here and he gives me shit bout my rice burner...but its even better when I roll up on my Shovelhead and his tail gets tucked away .... I just like bikes but not all bikes.

Posted via Mobile

I like almost all old bikes. Rockerbox IMO is about the vintage,the weird, the funky, the antique, the chopped. The kind of bikes that the owner built and maintains. It's the same in the car show world, I have a 67 Firebird conv. that I restored and did all the work myself and then there's the guy who plunks down a boatload of cash and is bragging about his car that he did nothing to except pay for. It just bugs me when a brand new 20K bagger or Gold wing pulls up at Rockerbox. The kind of guy who takes it to the dealer for an oil change. There I feel better now!

Ironsled I don't know how I missed your bike. What time did you take off? I watched the guy on the Vincent leave were you still around then? We didn't get to the show till around 2ish however.

If you go to most bike shows in this area it's 90% Harleys. This is the one show for the rest of us and yet the baggers, goldwings and other land yachts still show up. I've been going to this show for a while now and it seems to be getting worse. Can you tell I'm not a Harley fan? At least the cool bikes outweigh the others once a year.

It wasn't until recently that I discovered that there were / are bikes other than Harleys! Boy am I glad that my eyes have been opened. of course, maybe I shouldn't be so glad... it seems that I have had more than my fair share of Japanese iron follow me home. Very little money, but they take up a lot of room (example: I brought home a CB100 for $60... in four separate 5-gallon pails. Almost done with it.) You don't even want to know about the XS650s... :wink2:

Ironsled I don't know how I missed your bike. What time did you take off? I watched the guy on the Vincent leave were you still around then? We didn't get to the show till around 2ish however.

I had the bike parked there from about 10:30 til maybe 3:30 then I took of to benjis for a late lunch and an attempted to make it to the lake but the air show was going on and I didn't feel like dealing with it. I think I was by my bike for maybe 30 seconds:laugh: there was just too much to check out! I was hoping to run in to some board members but...

Posted via Mobile

I really liked your bike. I am doing a similar build, so I got some good ideas off of it.
Too bad I missed you I would have like to have met the man behind the bike.
Are you running an internal throttle?

Oh I almost forgot...you (I guess everbody) could have called me I had my number on the for sale sticker! Haha

Posted via Mobile

Oh I almost forgot...you (I guess everbody) could have called me I had my number on the for sale sticker! Haha

Posted via Mobile

I would have had I know it was your bike. For some reason it never occurred to me to look at the number and call. Also, I was in a rush. I had to get back to Madison for a kids b-party. :wtf:

This brings up a good point though, when board members are going to an event, how would we meet up? I don't know if everyone has a smart phone, but maybe there is an app out there that would let us connect, or at least show us who is potentially around? Something like foursquare?

The Internet is weird in this way, it is very impersonal when it comes to actually physically meeting people, but it is very personal when sitting behind a screen and talking smack about some dumb ass topic like oil preferences, or headlights.... I tend to be more of a loner so I don't go out of my way to meet new people. :confused:

It's something I'm working on, but I don't see a turn around happening anytime soon. Hell, I was in a welding class with ggGary and it took me all of 1 class to even say hi, and he was selling me some parts. :yikes: I'm like the elephant with the chain no longer around my ankle. :laugh:

Maybe this is TMI.

It seems like the XS community is getting really big, it would be cool in the future to have an XS only bike event, or something like that...just a thought. I know everyone is spread across the county. Hell my bike is still sitting on the lift waiting for me to finish her up. :laugh:

Pantywaiste, I got to get back to setting up routers and taking over the world, while day dreaming about bikes.

Lates
A22

Yea I roll solo too....its just easier. An xs meet sounds cool seems like most are in the north midwest...we would benifit:D

Posted via Mobile

Back