Models and Miniatures

Some things seem to be timeless:
Motorcycles, Model rockets and Motors.

3379745630723d016294af868e87d6be.gif

Makes me think of my first VW............I still want another one not sure why...........​

YamadudeXS650C. I have that same exact train set even with the same transformer. Is that little white canister on the floor from the three canister gondola car? I have both a Lionel and Marx sets in original working cond. I was a big fan of Gilbert Toys. Still have a couple of Erector sets and the combo Chemistry/Microscope set and a Electric Experiment set.
Can you imagine buying a Wood Burning set in this day and age? Still got one. In fact I`m only 30 min away from a trip to the emergency room at any given time.

I`m only 30 min away from a trip to the emergency room
I love it ! I had always wanted a woodburning set, but for some strange reason my parents werent listening...

So curious that you asked about the white canister,, cuz about an hour ago I noticed it for the first time in the photo. I wish I had an answer for you.....

upload_2018-1-12_5-15-2.png
upload_2018-1-12_5-13-17.png

Pics of a tether car I am building. Body, chassis, engine mods etc. ( exhaust needs more work, a little rough)

The following video is about 3 minutes long ( quick view)
if you are like me .....kinda quickens your pulse.

I still play with bikes and cars. I am 64 years old. "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
(someone famous had to day this !)

OUTSTANDING!! motormike. How long have you been collecting and do you have a pic of your Cushman. My first powered 2 wheeler was a 1957 Cushman Highlander. I think my dad rode it more than I did.
62 cushman 1.jpg
62 cushman 3.jpg
I recently add'd dual pipes and pick'd up a pair of the old school Harley " fin " tailpipes that I'll install when that big yellow thing in the sky returns. (it's 9 below outside my window) Next fender flaps, curb feelers and crash bar drive lights. This was purchased at a estate auction. I had a 57' Eagle..sold it to purchase a Helix. Have no regrets buy'n the Helix but had regrets watch'n the 57' be'n load'd onto someone else's trailer. (the " pull over" was out X card this year)
62 cushman 1.jpg
62 cushman 3.jpg
IMG_1408.JPG

I'v been collect'n "tinnies " for 15 years.

motormike. Not only yes but "Hell Yes". That Cushman says it all.

In the mid 70's I had a plastic model kit of an xs1,don't know what happened to it but I have never seen another one ,I can clearly remember painting it orange but apart from that no idea where it went.

In the mid 70's I had a plastic model kit of an xs1,don't know what happened to it but I have never seen another one ,I can clearly remember painting it orange but apart from that no idea where it went.
That kit pop's up on ebay now and then.. usually north of $100.oo.... I gave one to a friend who has never opened the box. I could see if he wants to let it go. ... ? Also there's a 4 inch or so heavy die cast on line and smaller 2 inch models (assembled). I'll add photos of them later.

I found this website of Estes catalogs one time. Lots of memories. I remember all of the 60s ones, except maybe the first, and also some of the 70s ones since my brothers had stepped up by that time :) It's great to be able to read on the web now about the actual behind the scenes stuff of the company.

http://www.accur8.com/Estes_Library.html

Back in the later 60's I did a American Airline 727 airliner. Dad worked in the engine shop. Built some 30's air racers. A
buick Bonneville. Nothing done fancy. Glue dobber would describe me. Built a couple plastic models of planes and a Honda CB77 in the later 70's.

Xs toys.jpg
These pop up on ebay ... the smaller plastic units are nicely detailed and they come with decals to apply. The center is a heavy cast piece with a turn'n fork. They also made this cast piece in Sr500 models as well as others.
I have a unopened model kit of a Cb450P like the one I own... Someday I'll take it to a local model shop and have someone build it.

About 15 yrs. ago my wife asked what I wanted for my birthday. "A candy red Fat Boy" I replied. She didn't disappoint...
It actually drives pretty good, but ya gotta do it in a parking lot... the turn radius is pretty big.

MVIMG_20180111_194911.jpg

MVIMG_20180111_195307.jpg

Back