Modern rearsets or not? Stock pegs or not? Addition of disc break on rear wheel

JustinB

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i find myself at another cross roads. I'm trying my best to prepare the frame for all mounts and am at the rearsets. I have seen some bitchen ones that fit the stock pegs, however I intend on adding a new swing arm and disc brake to the rear wheel.

I've seen some very nice rearsets by Vortex, Woodcraft and others, however not sure about the modern sportbike look- Keep in mind i am adding GSXR600 front end to the bike and have it already.

Any and all help is appreciated!

:thumbsup:

Loaded Gun Customs and Old School Speed make nice rear sets. I would opt for the folding peg version.

LGS

OKS

For rear brake setup, Check out www.aaracing.com

Brembo 2 piston caliper, hanger and bar can be purchased there.

For the MC, I bought the one from Mikes XS and Reservoir from lC Fabrication.

1324085436080-1890427602.jpeg

http://lcfabrications.com

full

JDIZON, what rear wheels can I run with those? I have stock polished (need a lot of work) stock Akron rims on the bike, but was thinking of something much beefier in the front and back. How wide will the stock swingarm fit or the Motolana swingarm fit in the rear as that will probably be my limiting factor there. Front on the 2011 GSXR can take 3.5" wide. I'm not sure what is "standard" in the cafe racer world.

I also don't think that I want to polish these rims as I'm looking for black powdercoated rims. I'd rather sell these to someone who would love to polish them and restore their beauty rather than powdercoat over it.

Thanks again, and love the info above!!! INVALUABLE!

JB

Back