modifying my 1976 xs650 swingarm,,,,,,,,,,,,

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys i,ve been reading and following what a few different guys in the australian xs650 club do when they strengthen the rear and sides of the swingarm ,,,,do or have any of you guys done 1 yourself ,,,,, what would i have to watch out for ,,,drama wise,,, regards oldbiker

hi guys i,ve been reading and following what a few different guys in the australian xs650 club do when they strengthen the rear and sides of the swingarm ,,,,do or have any of you guys done 1 yourself ,,,,, what would i have to watch out for ,,,drama wise,,, regards oldbiker
................... so guys but i was hoping somebody has done this mod ,,,,,,,same as the aussie club guys have done regards oldbiker

There are places that sell kits just for this. They come with the tubing all bent, just weld it on.
They significantly stiffen the SA without adding a ton of weight.
There are places that you send in your SA and they weld on the pieces as well as lengthening the SA.
Leo

I've cut up and saved lots of the tubing from a couple no-paperwork parts bike frames I acquired over the last few years. In particular, the loop over the rear fender looks like the perfect basis for a homemade swingarm brace. Bending some tubing into a 180° loop like that would be my greatest obstacle in building one of these I think.

Back