Moody's Garage.....My Husbands XS builds

Very old school vibe. This is like the stuff that used to come out of East Los Angles back in the 70's where the low rider vets would incorporate things from classic cars and blacksmith out custom parts....
I can remember watching twisted springers being hammered out in one shop and then triple chromed down the street.
guess some of the homies went east... :)
-=PO

The one picture has a Ducati Monster s2r1000. Easy tell as it has the spark plug leads on the right side too through the timing belt covers. Dual Spark 1000 engine.

The more you know.

Thanks, I was wondering what "totally fucking different without looking retarded" looked like.

It's hard to rethink an xs650, but you, or your husband, or whoever is building these has done so.

Edit: I'm sorry .... F'You. I thought of the fire extinguisher/gas tank first.

sorry. I posted, then looked back and saw that. Been knocking that around for a while.

Guess I better move on.

My husband says it's virtually impossible to think of something that someone else hasn't already thought of. "It's all about execution"....How will YOU do it? To each his own....

Are ya kidin me here??? These bikes make mine look like Jed Clampet built them.
GREAT job,and keep the pics coming of any new projects.
Since you mentioned other projects.....here are some bike and non-bike related pieces he has made. The flowers are all hand made. The single flowers he made for me and the two wrapped together were made for a guy to give his daughter when he gave her away at her wedding. The ring he made for me. The sissy bar is on a current project he is working on and the "tire checker" was made for a friend.

Attachments

• BRASS AND COPPER ROSE 6-27-11  2.jpg
    BRASS AND COPPER ROSE 6-27-11 2.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 188
  • MILD STEEL AND STAINLESS ROSE.jpg
    MILD STEEL AND STAINLESS ROSE.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Ring 3.jpg
    Ring 3.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Sissybar 4.jpg
    Sissybar 4.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Twisted Roses 2.jpg
    Twisted Roses 2.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Hardy's Beater5.jpg
    Hardy's Beater5.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 214
So does he build these bikes to sale or just build them for friends?

He does so many different things that I wasn't exactly sure how to answer this. I can say that if you ask him he will always that he's not a bike builder....he's an artist. So I went straight to the source on this one and here is his reply.....

"I do work for a lot of people, not necessarily people I know..but I usually make such a connection with those people that we become very familiar with each other very well through the project. This is because each project is art to me, an expression of the individual I'm creating for and me. I put my heart into all my work, that makes it personal to me. So...I don't always start work with a friend, but I usually end the project with a friend."

Back