Moped Radness! Who else is rockin' small bikes?

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Been riding this one for the past week. Built by Briton Bees, 74cc's, heavily ported, custom stainless pipe, sticky tires, and so-so brakes. I can admit I'm not to embarassed to be seen riding this thing :smokin:

And yes, I DO have a legal Driver's License... But I can't say there is much "legal" about terrorizing the streets with this thing :laughing:

100_7473.jpg

100_7467.jpg

100_7470.jpg

100_7471.jpg

Man that thing is bad ass!!!! My buddy has a '87 something he wants me to get running. It's been sitting for a while and he wants to make a cafe moped.

well I've got my 1966 H-D 50cc (Aermacchi) made M-50 3 speed on the handlebar and a 1980 Yamahopper 50cc I buzz around my small town on

Attachments

• Oct13^90.jpg
    Oct13^90.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 230
Are those Puch wheels?

I have:
72 Puch Maxi
80 Suzuki FA50
82 Suzuki FA50

All run great, and I have been kicking around doing some more to the Puch as it seems there isma lot of aftermarket performance parts for it. Fun little rides.

here are the 2 that ive owned:

1978 JC penney pinto
IMG_3506.jpg

That is what my Briton started out as :thumbsup: Mine is a 78' as well. He makes his own tanks, modifies the frames, swaps the forks, etc... I have no idea what the wheels are off of... He has several that he likes to use...

I ride a 1980 Yamaha LC 50 Champ. It's a QT with a 2 speed trans and fatter tires. I ride it as much as I can to save gas. It's all stock... for now.

Has anyone made their own moped from a lawn mower engine?
I saw the one on the JJ about the guy who built the cyclone look a like, that was awesome.
What are the best engines to use for this type of conversion?

I've seen Briton Bees bikes. They're nice and one of many moped customizers.

My driveway...

STP61928.jpg

One of my rides, a Derbi Sport Laguna... same Giladoni kit as on your BB bike. Custom ported, intake, pipe. Running a TM24 with clutch and variator work. Just had the pedals off that day.

2011-09-20_12-37-44_385.jpg

Some of my derbis - all mopeds

80781519_photobucket_9945_.jpg

Yeah, I'm kinda into mopeds... and my XS

Back