Moped Radness! Who else is rockin' small bikes?

Thats pretty awesome. That one sounds like it had a multiple gear transmission, and probably a multi-disk clutch... I'm building a Kreidler engine soon - 5 Speed!

But yeah, not all of them are that fast... Some can be though for sure...

was 49cc moped, now 140cc port and polished full blown race bad ass scoota, i get 52 miles to the gallon on this beast

Attachments

• camara 410.jpg
    camara 410.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 149
Some Ruckus action at BackFire Moto in Seattle last month:

P1030310.JPG

P1030311.JPG

My Honda MB5 runs great despite the small oil leak.

yeah it is. i think its just funny how people mistake the two. mopeds with pedals. scooters with no pedals and a step through type frame. but those who dont know about either will call them mopeds or scooters

Scooters....:doh:

I have some buddies waaaay into Mopeds (ped- meaning PEDALS)

I have posted this before in the Lounge. I'm going to start the engine work this Winter and repaint it. I built it up and rode it this Summer. Now it's time to clean it up and make it faster.

Modified '46 Schwinn Excelsior, 3hp Briggs and Stratton, and a bunch of junk.

btr2.jpg

boardtracker.jpg

Scooters....:doh:

I have some buddies waaaay into Mopeds (ped- meaning PEDALS)

I have posted this before in the Lounge. I'm going to start the engine work this Winter and repaint it. I built it up and rode it this Summer. Now it's time to clean it up and make it faster.

Modified '46 Schwinn Excelsior, 3hp Briggs and Stratton, and a bunch of junk.

btr2.jpg

boardtracker.jpg

That is a beautiful creation.

Been riding this one for the past week. Built by Briton Bees, 74cc's, heavily ported, custom stainless pipe, sticky tires, and so-so brakes. I can admit I'm not to embarassed to be seen riding this thing :smokin:

And yes, I DO have a legal Driver's License... But I can't say there is much "legal" about terrorizing the streets with this thing :laughing:

100_7473.jpg

100_7467.jpg

100_7470.jpg

100_7471.jpg

Hugh,

How comfortable is this to ride? I seen the link to BB's on your blog and thought they looked pretty wicked.

Hugh,

How comfortable is this to ride? I seen the link to BB's on your blog and thought they looked pretty wicked.

It has a Brooks saddle on it, the best of the best... Its actually very comfortable to ride, I sit fairly upright on it, wouldn't have guessed though :thumbsup:

Back