More Pics, build progress, 2 xs's

ClOckwOrk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out here in MN. ive posted a pic or two before from my cell but i have a few shots of the progress on the bikes to show. mostly pics. the stocker is all original minus the bars and turn outs, my dad bought it new in 75' and handed her down to me. i redid the electrical, kreem'd the tank, replaced the petcocks, and fired her up. she ran good but needs some love now. this year it will get cam chain tensioners, swingarm bushings, and a new starter gear (not sure which one is bad yet) it has just over 20k on it.

the project is an 80' heritage, with some of the following:

Cliche' TCbros hardtail (4" stretch 2" drop)
1963 Harley Sportster wheel (big drum) 19"
1932 Ford spare tire cover (rear fender, full wrap. original piece!)
Broomstick drag bars on 9.5" risers, inverted
Sportster style controls
xscharge PMA kit (great customer service i might add)
No battery
SPeedmaster front tire
Todds cycle martini taillight (LED)
bates style headlight
coke bottle grips
pleated black solo seat w 3" springs
uni pod filters (going away)
cut pipes (fishtails to be added soon)
Frisco'd Sporty tank
TCbros forward controls
Copper heat wrap on pipes
Custom license plate holder (cycle art by earl ripoff)
Accel Coil, with single point setup (PMA fried the pamco)

its going to get paint, a small sissybar where the top fender struts are, a shinko rear (firestone replica) and some of those triumph style fork covers, all in black with some copper colored inlays etc. should look alright :)

Attachments

• from phone 018.jpg
    from phone 018.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 186
  • from phone 436.jpg
    from phone 436.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 170
  • from phone 561.jpg
    from phone 561.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 176
  • from phone 1768.jpg
    from phone 1768.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 202
  • from phone 995.jpg
    from phone 995.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 200
  • from phone 798.jpg
    from phone 798.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 169
I had a custom tank made for my build and this guy mentions doing something different and he uses a sporty tank lol

Glad Im not building a bobber way too much compitition and egos for the simple pure enjoyment of a the hobby of motorcycling that seems to bring us all together.

Yes I agree I apologize, I digressed long ago, just thought this place was for insightful contributions and possibly constructive critisim as it has been. I will clean up my act going forward.

You post a pic of slims tank ON his bike which was just featured in the horse and say "I had this made". And wasnt your last build a direct copy of the black and red angry monkey bike that was in the mag? It was almost exactly painted the same too. Sorry somebody noticed dude.

Posted via Mobile

And for the rcord I wasn't dissing your builds dude I like them. Just saying some of the stuff has been done is all. Like most things on bikes these days.

Posted via Mobile

Whatchu talk'n about willis? LOL that was not my build it was from the user spades who worked with the group who made that angry monkey bike. LOL You need to do more detective work son.

You post a pic of slims tank ON his bike which was just featured in the horse and say "I had this made". And wasnt your last build a direct copy of the black and red angry monkey bike that was in the mag? It was almost exactly painted the same too. Sorry somebody noticed dude.

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
And for the rcord I wasn't dissing your builds dude I like them. Just saying some of the stuff has been done is all. Like most things on bikes these days.

Posted via Mobile

"It's all been done,

Woo hooo hooo"

Quote from the bare naked ladies.

Sorry to quote the bare naked ladies. Seemed appropriate.

:thumbsup:

Ur right. It was spades. Did he work with the angry monkey guys? No don't think so. Anyways enjoy the pics peeps. :)

Posted via Mobile

Haha what you got to say now hater?

Quoted from Spades build thread

Formerly "Thug Life"......I renamed the bike.....meet "Capone".

I'd like to thank Jon Ard @ Ardcore Choppers and Dan Patterson at Angry Monkey Motorcycles for their help, knowledge, advice, and parts.

Bugging someone and begging for parts is your idea of "working woth" someone i guess.

Posted via Mobile

Yeah guess if you want a cookie cutter product go beg a builder. Why dont you go check the ups status of your slim tank dude.

Posted via Mobile

Back