more stator problems for pm system batteryless

Agreed, if you have another thread where you are talking about your permanent magnet and bateryless problems, just post in that thread so people know what you're talking about.

MButler, dude, you gotta help us out here. Putting your setup in your sig helps. What reg are you using? That 3 phase stator should only have 3 wires. just plug those three to the 3 yellow(?)wires on your reg.

Be more specific with your questions. I really don't see this a being a stator problem. It's more of a question of " Is this the right stator for a PM setup?"

best stator?

This pic should be worth a thousand words to you... have you read through Hugh's post in the "TECH" section?

Last edited:
And from what I can tell. You have 4 threads started on related subjects that could have been a follow through thread that would be more useful for you and easier for us to help.

I'd merge them all but I'm worried that since they were all going at the same time, that all the posts would be out of place and make things even more confusing.

Ok Sorry.I have a79 motor I am rebuilding the engine on amd have swapped to a banshee flywheel.pamco ignition with high out put green monster coil.A rec/reg off a 600 sport bike.it has 5 wires total.3 yellow and 2 others which I believe the three yellow are supposed to go to the three on the stator...but my stator only has one yellow.one black amd one yellow wire shouldn't my stator have a total of 5 wires?

Ok Sorry.I have a79 motor I am rebuilding the engine on amd have swapped to a banshee flywheel.pamco ignition with high out put green monster coil.A rec/reg off a 600 sport bike.it has 5 wires total.3 yellow and 2 others which I believe the three yellow are supposed to go to the three on the stator...but my stator only has one yellow.one black amd one yellow wire shouldn't my stator have a total of 5 wires?

3 Phase stators have 3 of the same color wires. If you buy used, you often get a pickup or some crap with it, as they are tied into the same wiring harness. Remove anything that isn't part of the stator from the harness. You only use the 3 wires coming directly from the stator. :thumbsup:

As Hugh said. You should have 3 same colored wires coming off of the stator. Also you should have more than 5 wires coming out of the reg/rect I would think. What model did you get your reg/rect off of? Whenever I did it. I put a VF500 stator and a VF500 reg/rect together for simplicity and the fact they would plug right into each other. The VF500 Reg/rect has 8 wires coming off of it. 3 wires to the stator. 2 pos, 2 neg and the wire that tells the reg/rect when to kick in (if I remember correctly).

No need to critique other people's posts. Just trying to help you, help us, to help you. Not mind readers and don't need 4 threads on the same subject matter. You have still yet to tell us what reg/rect you have.

I Have two stators.one is off a honda bf 500 with three yellow wires and the other is off a banshee amd has one yellow one black amd one red wire.

Ok you need honda vf500 stator and the 3 yellow wires hook straight up to the 3 yellow wires on the reg/rect. The other two wires are your pos and your neg for power to the bike.

Back