Motorcycle Phone Holders.

You can tell if it's going to snow by people telling you they're going to close the interstate.

True tale travelingwith a forum member who shall remain nameless (cafephil) :lmao: Phil's a planner and super organized. Gary's more "ad hoc" GPS routes for entire trip laid in and followed. Rain day We were headed southeast, using eyeballs and phone, rain is south, East is clear, but the GPS route was SOUTH, into the rain we went. much or most of it could have been avoided with a run east first, then south. There was a discussion at the campfire that night. Routes are no longer so "cast in stone".

Technology is great. One thing I like about riding my 650 is it takes me back to a simpler time.

Plasma cutters are great almost like cheating. Cut a lot of steel with a gas axe before there ever was such a thing as a P-cutter. Cutting stainless was a real pain.

Like others when I'm riding I want to be away from some things. I found out years ago It's possible to be too well connected.

Now if I was going to take another trip on a bike I would find a way to mount my Garmin.

From one Dixon IL guy to another - here's my Garmin mount, originally on a Virago that I sold last Fall, now on my 650. Very sturdy, very adjustable, takes power off brown circuit in headlight bucket. Parallel pipe clamp sourced on eBay; takes 4-5 wraps of sheet rubber between clamp and handlebar, so there's some damping of typical handlebar vibes. Curved chrome bar is a section of the infamous "rototiller" handlebar that came stock on Specials.

Attachments

• GPS mount.JPG
    GPS mount.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 97
  • GPSmount_2.JPG
    GPSmount_2.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 66
From one Dixon IL guy to another - here's my Garmin mount, originally on a Virago that I sold last Fall, now on my 650. Very sturdy, very adjustable, takes power off brown circuit in headlight bucket. Parallel pipe clamp sourced on eBay; takes 4-5 wraps of sheet rubber between clamp and handlebar, so there's some damping of typical handlebar vibes. Curved chrome bar is a section of the infamous "rototiller" handlebar that came stock on Specials.

OK - that looks like a good one - but I have to ask...who cares about rain protection? I mean - when does it ever rain when we ride our motorcycles?

....only EVERY FRICKIN' DAY THIS SEASON - that's when!

Yeah get rain drops hitting a phone screen and it's like playing pinball, danged things go whacko.
Yeah, I need to get a waterproof case for mine. Thanks for the reminder.
Oh and I use mine for music and navigation in that order. It's nice to be able to just explore and then be able to navigate to where you need to get to.

Back