Motorcycle shipper recommendations

maxdog

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to get a recommendation for shipping a motorcycle. Would you good folks provide shippers you have dealt with that have been good experiences. Recent examples would be great. Also, ones you may have used that you would avoid in the future.

Also, has anyone used the Uship feature on ebay auctions? How has that worked out for you?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

I have had 4 bikes shipped to me with uShip, and I recommend them. If you are patient and can wait for a low bid they are cheapest.

I use FOWARD AIR because I get to put it in the container and the buyer gets to take it out. If any damage the buyer is right there taking it out. With plenty of insurance I have shipped from NY to TEXAS for around $375.00. I have shipped over 10 bikes with them and never had a problem. You take bike to them they have container waiting for you. You put it in strap in down and put your locks on the container. Send keys to buyer. I have also sent motors threw them too. I did get a bike from USHIP and I didn't have good luck. Tank had damage and guy was asshole and price was cheap but that's the only time I used them. I have also use motorcycles shippers that's all they ship SLOW but good and price close to $500.00. I guess if its a parts bike or a bike you are going to go over I would try USHIP again. But I would never send a trailer queen or a bike worth over $10,000 threw them. You are not the only pickup or delivery.
Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

uShip has tightened things up. You email the sender a pre-printed uShip Bill of Lading that the sender prints out and that the driver signs, and you nave the sender take pics of the loaded bike. Then you are insured through uShip and the driver if the bike arrives damaged.
And it's door-to-door, very little hassle for sender or receiver.
If you're worried about assholes, look at the shipper's feedback. In my experience, look for a one-man, one-truck operation and you'll get good, careful service with good communication.

Good info ....But here on the east coast you get the guy with a pickup and a cab who wants to lay the bike in the bed HAHA Different world over here HAHA
Not to knock them but my buddy had his car shipped from PA to FL and pre payed because vehicle was going to get to his driveway before him. WELL it got to a driveway but not his HAHA. Car was all good but pissed some people off. Nice way to meet your new neighbors. I just don't have faith in cheap shippers just me. Maybe you have more responsible people in the mid west not here. I had a well know trucking company come to get a bike. Super clean bike from me in NJ to CAL. I had to help load guy never picked up bike before just wanted to strap it to side of truck. Gave me a hard time but got shipped and I took tons of pictures. Bike got there so much damage they paid for total cost of bike. I got my money and guy in CAL got his money back plus a wreck.
If I was this guy I would really research who he hires.

THanks. I started with Uship, made a bid for shipping and it was accepted The shipper has great 5 star feedback from what I can see. Anybody have experience with BCL Boat and Cycle Transport as a shipper?

Never heard of them but please let us know how it worked out and see maybe if you can get a number from this guy if he is good.

Here is an update.

Bought a bike on ebay out of state. Chose the Uship option and it gave me a range of estimated prices. I went for the option of making an offer to see if it would be accepted. I made a lower than average offer and it was accepted. I had to accept the shipper agreement of my offer. Before doing so, I looked at their reviews and they were 5/5. So I cautiously accepted. Paid in advance to Uship, there was a small administrative fee. Bike arrived fine in a covered trailer. Uship gives you a confirmation number to give to the shipper when the bike is delivered. That is how the shipper gets paid by Uship. Bike was secured well, no damage, and the process went very well. The shipper was courteous and responded to any inquiries I had about pickup and delivery. Also, I opted to cover the bike with comprehensive and collision insurance from my own insurance company. Inexpensive and reliable. So a good experience overall.

Back