Motorcyclist Memorial

hamamatsu

Retired loafer
Reaction score
One of my rider friends and myself took a ride down to the Motorcyclist Memorial in Hopedale Ohio last weekend. It's a memorial to those riders who have died doing what they love....riding. Admission to the memorial is free, if you ever get close to south east Ohio, You owe it to yourself to pay a visit.

This is the gazebo at the entrance to the memorial. The Yam cruiser is my daily rider, I save my XS650 for short trips.

Oct12010018.jpg

This is the brick path leading to the memorial, you can buy a brick for $50.00 which helps support the memorial. The memorial is non-profit.

Oct12010021.jpg

This black marble slab was imported from India, it was etched by the lady rider shown on the back motorcycle, the rider shown on the first bike was her husband who died on his bike.

Oct12010022.jpg

This pretty much explains itself, it cost $150.00 to add a name to the memorial:

Oct12010025.jpg

The detail work on the stone motorcycle is excellent:

Oct12010020.jpg

Oct12010026.jpg

It may appear that the memorial is for Harley riders, but one of the founders of the memorial assures me that it makes no difference which brand of motorcycle you or your loved one rides, all motorcyclist are welcome. This post may not interest you, but I had some time, so I thought I'd share it with you. I have been actively riding for 53 years and this is the first time I have seen anything like the memorial.

That's really cool! Thanks for letting us know about this, if I'm ever up that way I'll definitely check it out!

I live in Youngstown and a few of the guys I ride with belong to a sportsmans club down in Hopedale. I've never been down there. You just gave me a reason to take a small trip. Thanks!

It's a beautiful ride down to Hopedale, hook up with Rt 9 in Salem and follow it all the way down to Hopedale. You won't be disappointed.

Travis can this get a sticky or placed in the links or something. So it is kept somewhere that people can see it. I think many people will be interested in it.
I think XSJohns name should go on one of those bricks. I and many others will give a buck or two to see this happen. If some one close by will collect the money and see to it.

Last edited:
Back