Mule: New to forum!

mule

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Richard aka Mule. I have a website www.mulemotorcycles.net

I've built bikes for a long time and have kinda found a niche building streettrackers. Everything I do is frame up with the intent to improve whats there and how it works and looks. I don't really do the cheapy Walmart streettracker thing, such as an XR750 seat and Kenny Roberts paintjob.

I have a ton of experience mixing and matching parts to get a certain level of performance or a look. I know what works and what is usually too much effort for the final end result.

I'm totally willing to share what I have learned with anybody that wants to know. If I can save you some headaches, then I've done a good thing. Also, after reading a lot of the posts here, I'm sure I can learn a lot too.

That said, if your bike has apehangers , a hardtail and tassles and skulls, I probably won't be able to help much. I'm not much of a "Lifestyle" fan, I just love motorcycles. I like streettrackers because of what they are, what they're intended to do, what their history is and how they ride.

I have a lot of years of racing in MX, Flattrack and a bit of Roadracing. I have about 30 years of senselessly crazy/dangerous street riding in the So-Cal mountains. Now it's just flattrack and bike building. I'm happier in the garage than riding now actually, but I just bought 2 KTM flattrackers to race. One is ready to go and the other needs some love. It may become an electric flattracker if everything goes right.

It appears that this forum doesn't have the usual pizzing contests and bad vibe, so I'm glad to be here.

Mule

- gday Richard...have seen some of your work over time...man after my own heart :thumbsup:

welcome mule,just went to your web site and i must say you do so nice work i like the first white bike:thumbsup:

The white bike I did for Triumph of America in 04. They took it around to all the shows. I heard they got pissed becuase they had just intro'd the 3 cylinder monster and everybody was more interested in the Bonneville streettracker. After I delivered it they never called again. Too bad, Triumph should really make a streettracker as opposed to that weird looking "Scrambler" thing.

It's now in the Barber museum in Alabama(thats where the picture is from). The museum is in the process of purchasing the bike from Triumph.

Mule, Welcome to the site! Very glad to have you here.

You can't search google for "xs650" without running across at least a couple of your bikes. All of your builds look very well thought out and high quality. Amazing work!

- Richard - i think the same must have happened to Bob Trigg in 77 after producing his Ascot TT XS650 prototype...it was and is a beautiful bike, i believe it would sell like hotcakes even today...have seen it in the french alps - very sexy - write up in Classic Bike Dec 96 pp 102-105 for anyone interested in tracing it

Hi Richard...just love your motorcycle art. Just what inverted fork can I use on my XS? Any information on your frames?

Richard, have been to your website over and over and just don't see how you can turn out so much majic from the space you work in. Incredible bikes. Big fan. Welcome.

I just reviewed Mule's web site. Wow............his bikes are just outstanding in design,looks and quality. I don't think I have ever seen an XS650 that used the engine in lieu of a frame structure.

He's building bikes for a niche market, and at a price point that is far higher than most of us can afford.

Richard! I've noticed you've been active on Pipeburn and BikeExif (you didn't like some of my comments) so it looks like your on quite the marketing campaign.

Not that I mind, because you build awesome bikes, and because your not afraid to say how you do it.

Back