My 1976 XS!

didnt relise there was so many replies about the seat sorry guys
its for an sr and i paid $430. Worth it though ay? haha
Just took a photo of how i secure it will upload it soon.

Im pretty sure the rear shocks are standard its the rim thats shorter it been relaced onto a smaller rim. but for the record there 30cm long and wound down to the softest setting to get as much sag in them as possible haha.

yeah I got rid of the stock ones and not running an ammo box or none of that shit.
I got some 'crim safe' its a metal mesh used on doors and cut it to fit in the gap.

Yeah i was so keen on getting it registed...but i lost my license speeding on my kawasaki Z750 haha

Jan 26th itll be on the road ;)

Thats the bracket there. I drilled a hole in the rear guard and a bolt and washer go from the bottom into the bracket.

I cut the old hinges and latch off and used a flap disc to get it nice and smooth and just painted it black. Looks sweet as

the front of the seat had two prongs off the front that were supposed to latch into something on the SR but i just bent them down and they fitted like a glove just under the tank

http://www.vanem.com.au/storesr500_chassis_page2.html

Attachments

• XS1.jpg
    XS1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 146
  • XS2.jpg
    XS2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 123
Yeah it says there out of stock but I think he hasnt just updated his site for a while it said that about 4months ago. email him hes helpful as.

I dont have a rubber mount or anything its just hard up against the frame. Probably wouldnt be a bad idea though haha

few more pics of the seat

Attachments

• xs1.jpg
    xs1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 148
  • xs2.jpg
    xs2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 123
  • xs3.jpg
    xs3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 136
  • xs4.jpg
    xs4.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 128
Yep answered them thoroughly.

There are a lot of folks out there looking for a slimmer more brat-style seat, but they don't want to cut anything off the frame.

Looks like a pretty easy install though for those who don't mind a little chop.

Posted via Mobile

Nice bike! Its looking like a cleaner version of where Im going with mine.

What else have you got planned while its off the road?

Nice bike! Its looking like a cleaner version of where Im going with mine.

What else have you got planned while its off the road?

Not much more planned for it. Just new air filters. Im getting some red foam ones
bit of paint here and there and a heap more polishing on the engine and carbies.

might look at getting a different headlight and thatd be about it. just itching to get it registered now!

Back