My 72 XS Hardtail Sorta Build Thread

Not really much of an update but you can sorta see the direction it'll be going. A big local car/hotrod/chop/rat rod show this weekend has a "Under Construction" class and the winner gets $500 worth of powdercoating. I'm going anyway so I figured I may as well blow the dust off and make it look sorta presentable. Half assed plastidipped the tank for temporary purposes.

Progress has of course been slow but here's an update since last go round:

Shaved the fork legs of the fender mount/fender brace mounts and just left the front brake mounts
Opted for a Brembo caliper and GSXR master cylinder(still need brake lines)
New Firestone Deluxe Champ tires
Decided to go black on the wheels
Swapped to some attack bars
Went to a Unity Style headlight

Honestly the bike is about 95% complete/rideable, I just need to find the motivation to button up all the little odds/ends.

Still on the "To Do" list:
Sort out brake/shift linkage
Front brake line
I'm going back to electric start
Figure out how I want to mount fender(struts/sissy bar?)
Paint

Now some crappy cell phone pics.

null_zps51de4c2d.jpg

null_zpsaf6be95a.jpg

null_zpsb72f3aa6.jpg

null_zpsbba88f66.jpg

Darn that countryside is pretty with the bike setting there with the green field and farm implement in the background. I live in Arizona where you don't see much green lush looking countryside. Everything here looks brown and burnt. Evern all the houses here are painted brown.
jefft

A local car/classics/hotrod/chop show this weekend has an Under Construction class and the winner will get a $500 powdercoating gift certificate. I was going to the show regardless so I think I'm going to bring the bike along. Last night I stripped the tank(because I had to do it eventually) and just goofed around a little.

null_zpse115e8dd.jpg

null_zps271aee44.jpg

null_zps18829238.jpg

Back