My 81' "Bratt" build

Pipes that cross back through behind the motor are cool. Especially if you have rear stretch and want to fill in the space a bit.

I wonder how they would look with a curve in them over the side covers??

I want to start making affordable exhaust for these bikes. I have some ideas that are close to yours. I like when they dump out the same side like that.
That would be cool but I wouldn't run exhaust directly under the carbs, not enough room and too much heat. I am running a single carb intake that opens up that space a bit.

Pipes that cross back through behind the motor are cool. Especially if you have rear stretch and want to fill in the space a bit.

I wonder how they would look with a curve in them over the side covers??
Might look sweet but might be a little hard to get around the dipstick and under the intake. On a stretched hardtail it would be much easier, since you would have a little more room.

This bike is shaping up really nicely. Great job so far and I'm excited to see how it all comes out.

:thumbsup:

Thanks, me too.:D

Last edited:
While waiting on parts I decided to make sure everything worked together in real life as it did in my head. So I put on the tank, rear fender and seat pan. Not sure what it was supposed to look like in my head but it looks pretty good. :D
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 1-24-11002.jpg
    1-24-11002.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1-24-11008.jpg
    1-24-11008.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1-24-11001.jpg
    1-24-11001.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2
I like how the seat flows onto the fender. But For my taste move it forward 6" and down about 3" swingarm travel permitting . Just my 2c

The fender? It is about as far forward as it would go with the R6 integrated taillight under the fender, any further back and there would be clearance issues with the tire. Plus I wanted a bike with suspension. The fender dropped another 3" would leave me less than 2" of travel before bottoming out. I love the look of the low bike as well but I need this to work right as it is my wife's bike. :doh:

I hear ya .Happy wife happy life :)

I try. :) Actually had Rebel shocks on when I welded everything up that where an inch shorter than what I have on now. They were really stiff and had no travel which I know she would have hated. So, it is now up a little higher.

I ride a hardtail somtimes the trading comfort for style is way worth it .Ask my back .Peace Mac

Tried it, once. :thumbsup: I put together a Sportster hardtail with a DNA Springer front end this summer. Took it on a test drive around the block. Got it out on a main road to get a little speed, had to let off the throttle and lean over the bars to check out the front wheel. I thought I forgot to tighten it and it was falling off! :yikes: Turns out that it was just the combination of springer front and no rear suspension. They look cool as all get out but I would never own one. :)

Last edited:
Got the Pamco in & the intake wrapped & back on.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 2-20-12010.jpg
    2-20-12010.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2-25-12005.jpg
    2-25-12005.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2
what did you use for the 1-2 on the intake? did you just splice the tubes together, or did you purchase a separate 2-1 collector piece?

what did you use for the 1-2 on the intake? did you just splice the tubes together, or did you purchase a separate 2-1 collector piece?

I made the mounting plates, using the original boots as a template. I don't have a legit tubing bender so I bought J-bent header tubing from Summit Racing which I used for the exhaust and intake. I also bought a exhaust reducer that took the two pipes to single pipe the size of the carb from Summit. I drilled out the mounting plates so that the tubing would slide right through. The just started cutting and welding to make it fit. It was a pain in the ass. Cheaper than the Wiseguy intake but a pain. There are some pics of the intake before I wrapped or painted it on page one of this thread. It might give you a better idea. I had no idea if it would work when I started but figured I could get it to. So, I started making it. Now that it is all on the bike actually runs! I still have to time and tune but it works.

Last edited:
Back