my 81 hard tail build

I wouldn't use that ignition, simply because its large, and it has four terminals for its key start for cars/trucks. I would look at getting something more like this which is smaller, and only has three terminals:

http://www.amazon.com/Bikers-Choice...93&sr=8-9&keywords=motorcycle+ignition+switch

41nxe1fnufL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hey Jeff hope you made it home in good time. It was a cool day teaching you how to wire up a bike now you are a pro. Bike really sounds good and when you are done ride down for the day so me and eddie can see the finished project. If you forget something on the wiring just call me or email me. Sorry about all the news media in the drive way but i feel sorry for the family's that lost there kids.
Again Eddie had a blast helping you out and you are a fast learner. Over the winter if you want to tackle the motor rebuild let me know. Jon did a great job on the frame and i know you will enjoy the bike for a long time.
Will give you a B+ on wiring and Great sounding bike
Later
DADDYG

Thanks for showing me how to do it all I was going to let you know when I got home but I was too anxious to get the bike fully together. But I did and took it around the block still have to do a few little tweaks and it will be road worthy. But I will let you know when I am down your way for bike weekend.
Thanks again really appriciate it!
Jeff H

HAHA!! I new you were going to get on that sucker and ride. It was a fun day and my shop is open to the public for young guys like you who want to learn how to build there bikes and learn from a OLD ASSHOLE like me. I will let you know if i buy those bikes and get the spoke wheels. Now today i got to recover from all the standing and just chile but now you can pass the word that i am a real person and got to see the CAFE Mono Bike up close.Hope you and your dad come down for bike week so i can put your bike and some others at the DOOWOP for the show i do every year for the JAP riders.
Me and Eddie had fun helping you out now you are part of the DADDYGCYCLES FAMILY
Be good and finish up those brakes.
Later
DADDYG

mybike3.jpg

that was a few days ago i now have front brake and the line that goes from the yamaha caliper to the harley front brake perch. I am very happy with how it runs only need to get the hose barb for the left carb because i had switched over to the non vacuum type pet cock.
But thanks for all the help expessually to my buddy Rich from big daddy g cycles!!

just a little up date for everybody i was having a charging/over charging issue making the bike pop the main fuse. but got it figured out thanks to the help of xsleo. but here is a picture of my bike how it sits now.
mybike4.jpg

i cleaned up the side cover need to snap a picture of that tomorrow and did the tappet covers too just trying to get a head start for the winter so its less of a headache with less stuff to do. But i plan on polishing the clutch cover and painting the motor and polishing the fins. Then for the frame i am going to paint it with that rustoleum hammered bronze and still undecided on the color of the tank and fender and electrical box. Should look really good when i am finally done.
Questions or comments are welcome

I thought you bought a new chareing setup?
Bike looks cool i like the shifter. Next time you are down i will show you how to do a real sucide setup. Just takes a little to get use too.
VERY NICE

hey man if you dont mind me asking i was wondering the drop and stretch of your hard tail and i like the look of the bike

Guy are you talking to me or Jeff
I have done a bunch of drop seats and just used the TCB universal Hardtail kit and it gives you about 5 to 6 inch stretch. Just depends who you bought it from. Travis sells a nice kit too.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 157
  • cb350.jpg
    cb350.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 190
  • drop_seat.jpg
    drop_seat.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 144
Hey guys havnt updated you in a while sorry but I have been riding it around and love it. But here are some pictures of it finished for now.
image_zpsf7c98b11.jpg

image_zps0ec8d670.jpg

image_zps78c2d8bf.jpg

image_zps8869d296.jpg

Hey Daddy G I am wondering if that offer still stands for helping us younger guys .And What kinda of charge if we are using the tools you have .Or do you make the house calls .Just wondering since i have an xs but I havent started it yet . But i am always trying to save money and I want something diffrent .

I am interested too you are right down the road from me and I don't mind helping. What are you building? @krazykane

Awesome .I have a xs 650 .I have what I think is i can not remember about 81 I will have to check it is not started yet since I have three kids and a 10 x 10 shed to work in .lol I have a sporty that i ride now .But that was built by harley .I want something more of my own .I really think I want it to be a dropped seat .I will have to keep you posted and start this project asap .I dont wanna turn away help .@ jeff where are you located in pa .And @ daddyg do you do or can you recommend anything thing for the xs 450 for performance . A buddy of mine has one and he needs alittle help with it .Sorry to jeff also I dont wanna high jack you thread .But mna your bike looks nice .MY goal on the build is to be plain and simple and I want to be able to pick up the bike after I amd done .So I want to be really light .What do you think can it be done?

Yeah tell your buddy to sell it and by a XS650 HAHA
There is not much that is going to put any big power in that little motor.
Like I said shop is open for help and Jeff is even closer to you.
Let me know.

@krazykane I live in fairless hills pa and I would love to see another xs650 rolling around. Pm if you want to meet up. Btw is your first name Dave?

Jeff I pmed you . Yes it is .And that crazy you are right up the street from me .I see like two of them around here .You arent one of them .So who did your welding ? I have one but I am not that good yet . I also am working in a little shed trying to get everything set up so i can see if there is room in there to start this .How the hell you been ?Now that I see your pics I know were you are lol . Also how did you get into the xs ?DaddyG thanks for the invite I will let you know and I aprreciate it .

Back