My Bike Got A Compliment

bdholsin

XS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped into a dealership the other day to get a fuel filter. As I was at the counter one of the "wrenchers" came in and asked who'se 650 is outside. Dreading what the follow-up to that statement was going to be, I claimed it. He gave me a nice compliment on how nice it looks for it's age and asked how I like it. Well, I puffed my chest right out (all 140 pounds of me) and told him it is a fantastic bike. We chit chatted for a few minutes and I was on my way. This is the first time this happened to me and I have to tell you, it felt really good.

Just passing this along.

yeah man. i've had people offer me money on the spot for my bike and i've only owned the thing for 3 weeks lol. i've had dudes straight up take pictures of my bike, i get looks all the time. it's a good feeling, i guess.

It shouldn't be extraordinary to get compliments on your xs650. They are "the most popular motorcycle of all time". Even against modern bikes I'm having a hard time finding comparable quality, usability, performance, and reliability.... And i've been looking for a replacement for 3 years!

still hasnt happened to me. the guy with the xs that works at the harley shop said they havent gotten popular out here yet...

I ride with a friend who has a restored BSA 650 lightning, and when we are out with the XS650 and the BSA we always get compliments on the bikes, they always get attention. But when I'm riding my 1100 V-Star, nobody seems to notice, I may as well be invisible. It's a great feeling when other bikers notice how much work I put in the old XS650H.

Even my Heritage Special gets lots of looks and complements! You just have to be prepared to be popular when you ride an XS!

It's a good feeling, yeah? Even the uninitiated seem to know that what they're looking at is not "just a motorcycle". I think teenagers' reactions are the best; they are constantly exposed to rocket after rocket, and when they see a classic bike, their brains don't seem to know how to process the sensory input. :p

TC

I was at a motorcycle sunday afternoon meet last month. A middle aged guy driving a Ducati started chatting about bikes.

He asked a lot of questions about my bike, and asked what my bike had cost me. He then asked if I would sell my bike to him.............I said its not for sale. As he was leaving, he again asked if I would sell my bike to him. I just said its not for sale at any price.

Stock 78 Specials, a dwindling supply means demand and price escalation:bike:

It's rare that I pull up to a bike shop and dont get people talking to me about my 74. Even on the street, I've had people come up to me when parked outside our jam space and start blabbing. And if you were on some $30,000 cruiser no one would even ask about it.

I don't know how many of you have seen the pics of my bike... but shes kinda ratty. For some odd reason I get compliments every time I ride it. I feel weird, start feeling almost defensive... until I realize their smile is genuine.

I took it out the the "hotrod" night last saturday, and got several compliments, LOTS of unusual stares, a kid about 12 came up asking a million questionsm and even a 'hot' younger chick checking it out.

More compliments in 2 hours than all of last year on the buell... AWESOME.

Back