My Bike Got A Compliment

Mine got sneered at the other day, by an R6 rider. He asked if I wanted to trade. I indicated to his bike said "Can't you buy that in a store?" LOL

I got pulled over last night after class. They were sitting at an intersection that they didn't have to stop at with their lights off. They waved me by then pulled me over and started asking me questions. "Have you thought about hardtailing it?" and "Is that fender stock?" Then drove off. I guess I'll take that as a compliment...

Posted via Mobile

I got pulled over last night after class. They were sitting at an intersection that they didn't have to stop at with their lights off. They waved me by then pulled me over and started asking me questions. "Have you thought about hardtailing it?" and "Is that fender stock?" Then drove off. I guess I'll take that as a compliment...

Posted via Mobile

While possibly a little unnerving and briefly inconvenient, that was pretty neat. :)

TC

At least you didn't receive any additional paperwork after the stop. I'd take your kind of stop each and every time.

When a Gal pulls her top up, I consider it the best compliment.
But then its only happened on my Harley

My gal Nothin' Special is a bit ratty herself but people go nuts over her everywhere I go. In what has become a V-twin world, the older folks have lots of fond memories of their old vertical twins and the younger riders think the XS so unique and different that they can't help but check it out.

I went up on the Blue Ridge last weekend leading a group of about 14 guys and gals all riding solo on very late model bikes and the only vertical twin in the group (my XS) performed as well as any of them and better than several. Though I didn't have much for the dude on the V-rod I had no trouble setting the pace against the 2011 883 Superlow Sporster.

I'm pretty proud of my old gal.

Back