my bloody LPG gas heaterhas taken tooooooooo long to get fixed and not good...

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys well this will be 3 weeks this week since my local plumber came and found the problem with my lpg gas heater ,,,everdure 7 candle ,,, ,,but its not letting the bottled gas into the heater ,,its got a computer show set up on top right hand corner ,,, 3 lousey weeks while i freeze to death not impressed ,,my local plumber did say it was out of his expertese,,,, ,,,,but there could be a good temp set up i can use,,,, a couple of years ago just 5 houses from me i purchased a 3 candle lpg gas heater taht was in reasonable condition ,,i paid $10 and carried it home where its been sitting for 2 years and its got the flexible lpg hose on it ,,,i,m going toooo try it later today,, it could be a blessing ,,but i would like my big heater back sooner rather than later regards oldbiker :(.......................................... hi guys i took my second lpg gas heater a cheap bonair 3 candle i forgot i purchased it 2 years ago in our town garage salefrom a young lady behind me ,,,,for $10 i took it home and planted it in my garage ,,where i forgot about it ,,,the pilot works ,,but it turns off when you release the pilot button ,,so monday i dropped it in to my local and only plumber he rectons he,s worked on them ,,but nothing happened yetif nothing today i might go back and bring it home and blow out all the jets with the ait compressor as i,m starting to notice the cold at night regards oldbiker

Last edited:
Hey, oldbiker! May not be your issue, but I had a similar problem last year, the LPG furnace wouldn't light. Traced it to a low pressure problem from my Marshall regulator. Under its blue cap is an adjustment screw to set output pressure. It was low, and the safety features of the furnace wouldn't allow it to ignite until proper pressure was reached.

Attachments

• Marshall_Regulator.jpg
    Marshall_Regulator.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 100
Hey oldbiker
On your little heater it sounds like it needs a new thermocouple. We have 2 styles here in the states. Main difference is the threads, in generates a Millivolt of electricity that holds the safety valve open. About $10.00

Hey oldbiker
On your little heater it sounds like it needs a new thermocouple. We have 2 styles here in the states. Main difference is the threads, in generates a Millivolt of electricity that holds the safety valve open. About $10.00
....................... hi my LPG gas heater was a everrude 7 candle 27mj.... it had a computer ised panel on the top right hand of the heater ,,and there,s a little valve the was stopping the gas from entering the heater at all ,, after 3 weeks in horsham at wades who fix them regularly ,, still waited 3 weeks until last thursday i rang the mob and they said they had not touched it yet and i tolled them to scrap it donn,t fiddle with it scrap it ,,i,ve purchased a new heater off ebay with a 1 year warrantry hopefully they quoted me delivery tues--thursday as the long weekend and its coming from sydney they are going to drop it off at my front door its got the baynet and hose and easy to clean the guy had a feedback of 22,500 so i hoping i,m o.k. regards oldbiker

Back