my bobber build so far

motor is almost ready to go in once the frame is painted
it still needs a heli-coil in one of the exhaust studs

SNB13267Small.jpg

Last edited:
damn mrkil, i was planning on making those exact same footpegs! lol. i saw some on J&P and i was like, hell i can make those! lol. oh well, i guess not everything can be original! lookin good though!

thanks man, i picked them up at the used table at my local bike shop.
they looked good so i couldn't pass'em up

if you can make me a matching kicker pedal for the xs i'd pay you for it :)

haha, man thats awesome, i think they look really kool. when i said i was planning on making some, i really meant i was planning on trying to make some! we will see how that goes in actuality!!! however if you wanted to do it i bet it would be as easy as finding a piece of pipe with roughly the same ID as the OD of the kicker pedal, drilling some holes through the tubing and then following the same directions from this thread

http://www.650rider.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9073&highlight=kicker

that is what i would do if i were to make one. i will let you know how the foot pegs turn out though once i figure out what im doing :) may start on them tomorrow if i cant find anything more productive to do in the shop ;)

Okay, I'm new to the custom "lingo", what does "kong the seat" mean? Also, being a fellow Canadian, where you been getting parts, and do you have any aquaintences on this site out B.C. way?
Your bike is looking great, like the color-do you still plan on using the belt on the tank?

konging the seat is

dropping the seat from the stock location

like the yellow one above....... which btw is not mine just posted it to show what can be done without a hardtail

ps as far as parts go.

i have 4 places i go

1. Mikes xs
2. Lowbrow customs
3. TC brothers
4. Ebay

just remember Paypal is your friend ;)

and here is what my wife refers to as "Half a bike" ;D

SNB13290.jpg

btw if anyone wants the seat springs let me know, i'm changing to torsion springs.

Last edited:
the bikes has moved into the livin room so it's time to get movin.

i'd like to have it done for mods and rockers toronto

SNB13291.jpg

front tire has a slow leak. sigh and it's a brand new tube.
so i'll sort that out tomorrow

Last edited:
looks good! you still gonna mount the gas tank with that leather strap? where's your coil gonna go?
I ask because the tank I want to use is just like yours and it won't fit over the coil if the coil is mounted up near the stock position.
Looking forward to seeing more of your bike.
Wish it would cool down here some, so I could pay attention to mine.

Back