my bobber build so far

onward and upward.

I have this cool lunch box that seems to want a place on the bike

SNB13312.jpg

and this is what it's being used for.

SNB13311.jpg

this fits just behind the engine between the lower bars.

i didn't want the fake oil bag since i have rather large air cleaners

intakes_0011.jpg

and mounted up

SNB13315.jpg

Last edited:
there are places for the water to drain out on the bottom. the top fits nice and snug so it won't be getting in there.

the electrical were mostly unprotected on the original bike so i'm not to worried too much.

The only thing with putting your rectifier inside your lunch box is heat. the rectifier gets very warm, some say hot. Without a good air flow around it, it may overheat.

this is one of my concerns right now. i'm debating mounting it on the outside behind the box or having air holes on the front and back of the box.

haven't decided which yet

- hopefully those holes dont provide temptation for all the turbulent air and wheel spray on wet days :bike:

Also, make sure you have that box insulated really well from other metal surfaces. Mine wasn't insulated well enough and it took a long time to track down the intermittent sudden death syndrome (and 12 or so fuses).

The fuse block is isolated as well as the reg and rec so says my volt meter
My biggest concern isgoing to be heat and water

Anyone know how much the components can take?

Oh and I've decided to cut downward facing louvers on the long sides of the box since they aren't structural with the steel box liner

Last edited:
the pc fan idea is an interesting one but i'm not big on them because i now how often the fail.

I used to be in the pc hardware and modding business and they fail often enough that it would always concern me.

btw great idea on the louvers stuntdouble

hey emzdogz i totally missed your questions

i am still using the hap jones tank mounted with the strap.
and the coils probably going to be mounted behind the engine on the post between the carbs.

i'm running the pamco with the green coil which is too large to go in the stock location.

i've also heard that mounting it infront of the motor causes the heads to tun hotter because of airflow problems.

- not so sure that between the carbs is the optimum spot to mount a coil, especially a high power one like the greener, 75kV can produce a pretty big spark

I don't literally mean between the barbs. I just mean on th bar that runs down between them.

It will be lower between th carbs and rear mount.:thumbsup:

Back