My custom project so far, almost one year in.

Hey Twins, Nice meeting you at the show. I got to see your bike real quick as you rode away leaving the upper field, you were wearing a backpack? Bike sounded real nice riding away :thumbsup: Hopefully next time I will get a chance to check it out. Take care and again nice meeting ya :)

Yep, my trusty military bag fulla tools. Thanks man, you sidecar rig is amazing in person.

Just got back from a vacation to the Bay Area, glad to be back on my bike.

Took a picture after realizing my tail light was not working....

It's all fixed after a day of working in the sun...sometimes the bike sounds like it hiccups and dies at the light. I'm thinking it's the crappy Chinese made on/off switch and the new side covers.

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Oh man...the weather has been amazing. Nothing like brightly colored leaves of New England flashing by your sight. Got my electric start hooked up, my knees and hip are thanking me. Hooked up the new horns and now I sound like a truck.

66389_711063271484_14310932_39916522_4009942_n.jpg

39539_711063301424_14310932_39916523_914159_n.jpg

Here's a picture of the fraternal twins. My best friend's whip. In between is the day's haul at the flea market.

68865_711065142734_14310932_39916641_5298703_n.jpg

Twin's,
Lookin' real good!!!
Them there arsehole's should hear those horn's. BTW, where are you putting the haul from the flea market's? A nice set of saddle bag's would be a great benifit, try going online to moto direct.com, they got a good selection of nice leather bag's cheap. You will see them, plus the other stuff. I think you'll like what you see. We gotta hook up for a last of the season blast, ya' think? Are those Fiaam horn's?

Gordo:yikes:

Hey Gordo! What have you been riding lately? Have you sold the G yet? I've been planning a ride into CT with some buddies. I'll keep you updated, startin' to get cold on the road now.

Between my buddy and I, we have an arsenal of bungee cords, nets, and saddle bags. I got this really nice set of leather bags from a bike I bought years back. He's in the market for hard bags. We traded bikes for a trip yesterday, I'm shocked at how different they are from each other.

Twins,
I've been on my iron head allot, and no, have not sold the 'G', might be askin' this young lass out, and she like's to ride so... You still got my phone number? If not. I will pm it to you. Bundle up a little and it's not so bad, as long as you got good gloves, and chaps.:thumbsup: Yea, gotta have some bags that you can through over the seat for just such occasions.

Melt? we have another foot on the way today through Wednesday.The skiing is great. Let it snow (can't stop it anyway)

devils lake skiing 002 (800x600).jpg

Looking out from Devils Lake state park, our house is about a mile down the the hill, we ski from our back door to the park ski trails.

a foot Gary???? Here in northern illinois and in the chicagoland are are expecting 18-24"!!!!!! I might even get some work done on the bike!!! Snow Day!

We got another 8"to 10" on the way also.We're running out of place's to put it. Can't dump it in the ocean antmore.:wtf:

Bike looks good man! Good to see another in providence. I missed your bike at rice-o-rama.... I had my 76 Kawasaki kz 750 in the show... kinda ratty, but I had already taken apart the 650 for a rebuild...

Lol @ ice rain....terrible.

Weston, I just took a look at your blog, very nice. Are you working out of a Providence loft? I'd like to swing by when the weather is nice. Do you have any buddies that ride in Providence?

Yeah... you should stop by sometime... Im working in the basement of a loft in central falls/pawtucket. Def have to stop by sometime and hang out... I have a few buddies that ride in providence... im trying to remember if ive ever met you... I used to ride to the Vanilla Bean in CT with Ryan and Frankie... Ryan rides a super nice cafe xs650 and Frankie was riding a cb 750 last time I rode with them.

A couple of friends from work ride xs650s too... have to get a ride when i gets nicer out...

HEY YOU GUY"S,
Twins and Weston, if you guy's are interested, on memorial day weekend there is a big ride to celebrate the repeal of Ct.'s helmet law. It last's all day, and is quite an adventure. There are usually 2500-3000 bike's attending. The ride itself is about a 20 mile jaunt from the Sprague rod & gun club to Pappy's grave in Montville. But there is a cookout after at the club. Can't remember Pappy's last name, but he was monumental in getting the law repealed. Just show's you what one man can accomplish.

Hey Gordon,

I'm going to be in a frenzy because I'm currently trying to move out of RI, thankfuckinggod. I'll try to keep that ride in mind.

Weston, once the weather warms up I'll be out and about on the XS. Do you know Billy? Tends bar at the Avery, has a new bike shop with his wife? I think it's call A girl and a guy cycles?

As for the XS, I just swapped in new drum pads, I have some gaskets to replace and turn signals to mount and wire...also had this rolling around in my head...

183146_753174475294_14310932_40831316_4272686_n.jpg

Basically stole them off of ebay.

Here are some questions:

What discs should I look for? Is it easiest to use the stock FZR600 discs (286mm) and do they clear the spokes without spacers? I know there's a thread on the blue fazer brakes, I think 320mm is another popular choice?

Has anyone used this setup? Does anyone know the offset or the measurements to adapt this setup?

Any thoughts would be super appreciated.

Hey Twin's,
Where you going to, Mass. or Ct? Well, I'm pretty sure it's not far. Any way, on your brake swap, I do not really know alot about what fit's and what doesn't. I am more of a guy who use's the stock stuff, like the original front brake's, and drill the rotor's for better cooling, maybe upgrade to a Ferodo pad. Hopefully, some one else can help ya on that. Would be cool if ya could make the Pappy's run, but if not, we'll hook up another time. Good luck with your swap..,,,Gordo:shrug:

Back