My experience with a F***ing cager!!

ippytattoo

Just another grumpy old hack.
Reaction score
A buddy of mine and I went for a ride today along our usual route......no big deal right. Wrong! Riding along Hwy 90 in Ocean Springs going with the flow when I see what looks like a stalled vehicle in the left hand lane of a 2 lane hwy (both going the same direction) the guy in front of me moves over behind the vehicle in the left lane (we were in the right hand lane) and the dumb ass (the one that looked like a stalled vehicle) decides to turn right across my lane into a full serve car wash right in front of me:yikes:. I tried to move over as far as I could in my lane to avoid the dumb ass and get on the brakes to try to get slowed down but there just wasn't going to be enough room. I ended up having to lay my bike down and do as much of a controlled slide as I can do. The bike ended up sliding past THE BACK OF HIS CAR and I stopped sliding about 5 feet from his car. When everything came to a halt and I was able to collect myself he comes up to me and asks if I am alright and begins to try and say that it was my fault because he didn't see me behind the other driver. I can see that he didn't see me behind the other driver but what the F*** was he doing making a right hand turn from the left F***ing lane anyway. The bike and I ended up alright just a little road rash for myself and a few scuffs, 2 broken turn signals, a bent right forward control and a nice fat dent in the top of the new tank I just put on. We told the police that showed up what had happened and filed a report so it is all documented.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent a little.:thumbsup:

Good. Let the hate flow through you. Turn to the dark side. :D

No, really. This is why we really need to get back to driving being a privilege and not a right. We can begin to remove stupid people from the road.

I'm glad to hear you are OK and the bike didn't get too banged up.

~ Derek

Good to hear you came out OK, that's the most important thing!

Just curious, where you wearing leathers or any kind of armor?

Stay behind a car by several lengths to make yourself visible. And get in the left third to be even more visible to potential left turners. And anything weird - like a stalled car for example, all antennas go out.

When you come to a stop still don't get close, so you can zoom out of the way when the drunk behind you can't find his brake pedal. Unless you want to be the dead meat in a sandwich.

Stay behind a car by several lengths to make yourself visible. And get in the left third to be even more visible to potential left turners. And anything weird - like a stalled car for example, all antennas go out.

When you come to a stop still don't get close, so you can zoom out of the way when the drunk behind you can't find his brake pedal. Unless you want to be the dead meat in a sandwich.
and then you have the asshats who pull/pass into that space

Glad to hear you're OK. That's the main thing.

I live in a tourist town. We get people turning from the wrong lanes all the time during the summer. They would rather cause an accident than take an extra 5 minutes to turn around and come back. Dangerous for everyone.

and then you have the asshats who pull/pass into that space

Well, if they stay there then just let them be the new guy in front of you and get some space there then. Too much space invites cutting in but a bit less than that feels like enough to me. I try to avoid downtown interstates because it's not possible to do some things like that.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Derek - nice one "the force is strong in this youg padawan" unfortunately I switched over from the dark side about 10 years ago. Maybe it is time for a return visit :wink2: As long as he and his insurance company play nice there won't be any need to get ugly.

Back