My Heritage Special

Purplezinger

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Here is my Heritage Special after a year of restoration, subtle changes and mods. The seat is a Heritage seat with extensive mods to get the classic look.

Attachments

• IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 122
I had the privilege a year ago of ridin that beast about 10 miles and I can tell you it's a strong puller.

A fine job on the seat....heck, overall!
Curious as to how you covered the gap between the rear of the seat and the rail?
Gotta love the H.S.'s

Where's your elusive lower side covers?

A fine job on the seat....heck, overall!
Curious as to how you covered the gap between the rear of the seat and the rail?
Gotta love the H.S.'s

Where's your elusive lower side covers?

The seat was a challenge, I wanted the classic look but I couldn't find anything that would fit or could be adapted to the late model seat latches. I bought a second seat that a good pan and foam. I trimmed the lower edge approx 1/2" at the mid point to get a straighter line front to back. As you know the rear of the special seat is open and the opening slants forward. With the pan on the bike I cut and taped cardboard until I had the look I was after. Then I transferred the pattern to sheet metal, formed it and pop riveted to the pan. I shaped the foam with a disc sander. I think those lower covers are still in my shop.

Back